Women of Hope Blog
Subscribe to TWR Canada’s weekly Women of Hope email to receive daily prayer requests, updates and stories of impact from the TWR Women of Hope global ministry.View RSS Feed
Read stories from listeners of TWR Women of Hope.
Read stories from listeners of TWR Women of Hope.
Sep30FriSeptember 30, 2016 by TWR Canada Women's Ministry Team
- Filed Under:
- TWR Women of Hope Prayer Calendar
Project Hannah Prayer Calendar: Praying For Women to Hunger For GodIn many cultures women and girls are told they are of little worth and a burden to their families. In wealthy cultures women are told they can find their worth in beauty, careers, and possessions. Women everywhere try to find their worth through relationships, clothes, homes, education, and various other pursuits. But people, things, and achievements cannot satisfy the hunger for meaning and purpose that exists within us.
The creator of the universe designed each of us with this deep hunger – a hunger for God. God wants to spend time with us, so he created us with a deep hunger that can be satisfied only by a true relationship with him. As humans we hunger for the joy that comes in finding our worth by experiencing God’s love for us. As we spend time studying the Scriptures and praying, God fills us, transforms us, and leads us into opportunities to live the Christlike life. We are God’s hands, feet, and voice as we embody transformed lives that have a deep hunger satisfied only through time spent with Jesus.
When our hunger is satisfied, we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us, as the apostle Paul declares. God helps us overcome our circumstances and experience the joy of working through our struggles to help others experience hope in him. Poverty, wealth, illiteracy, sickness and all types of violence cannot keep women from knowing God intimately and from passionately seeking to “know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings” (Philippians 3:10).
Pray these requests for yourself, for others, and for women in other countries. Pray that women will hunger for intimacy with God and spend time studying Scripture, praying, and allowing him to live through them.
1. Women to take time to be still in God’s presence, to worship him with the praise of their hearts, to cast their cares on him for healing, and to surrender everything to God for his glory.
2. Women to seek God with all their hearts. “You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart” (Jeremiah 29:13).
3. Women to be willing to change their priorities, schedules, relationships, and everything else that hinders them from seeking God’s presence so they can hear him speak. “Show me your way, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long” (Psalm 25:4-5).
4. Women to experience the peace that only God can give. “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid” (John 14:27).
5. Women to hunger for God and desire him more than anything else. “Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you” (Psalm 73:25).
6. Women to begin each day with God, enjoying his presence and waiting for the Holy Spirit’s filling so they will act and react to each challenge of the day in a way that honors God.
7. Women to daily enter into God’s presence with thanksgiving and his courts with praise. Pray that they will continue talking and listening to God throughout the day about all the things they see going on around them.
8. Women to come boldly before our heavenly Father’s throne of grace through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, praising God for his love, mercy, grace, guidance, and protection.
9. Women to experience God’s hope in spite of life’s difficulties. “Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus” (1 Thessalonians 5:18).
10. Women to celebrate God’s goodness by telling others about what God has done in their lives. 11. Our Father to cleanse us of any worldly influences, selfish motives, lusts of the flesh and the eye, and pridefulness that may draw us away from his purposes for our lives. Praise God, our Savior and Redeemer.
12. Women to know that God loves them, forgives them, and desires that they invite Christ into their lives. “If you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved” (Romans 10:9).
13. Women to experience hope and all God’s possibilities as they give their struggles to him. “That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong” (2 Corinthians 12:10).
14. Yahweh Rophe – in other words, “the LORD who heals” – to give healing to women who face very difficult circumstances like poverty, unemployment, domestic violence, divorce, promiscuity, prostitution, and HIV/AIDS. Praise
the Lord who gives them the courage to follow the pathway of faith, not the path of fear. “For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline” (2 Timothy 1:7).
15. Women to receive hope and joy through a close relationship with God. “And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us” (Romans 5:2-5).
16. God to fill women with his Spirit so they care about the things he cares about, grieve over the things he grieves over, and rejoice over the things that bring pleasure to him.
17. Women to surrender everything to God even when they do not understand why he allows terrible circumstances in their lives. “Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things” (Colossians 3:2).
18. Mothers to give their children back to God and to teach them how much he loves them and wants to help them achieve great things for his glory.
19. Wives to surrender their marriages to God, asking him to love their husbands through them.
20. Lonely and devastated women to surrender their heartbreak to God and receive hope and joy through a close relationship with God. “And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us” (Romans 5:2-5).
21. Women will surrender their plans and future to God. “‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future’” (Jeremiah 29:11).
22. God to touch the lives of women so they will know his power and strength as they reach out and share God’s hope and healing with other women. “I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being” (Ephesians 3:16).
23. Women serving God as they provide skills training, medical exams, legal advice, and pastoral care to women who live in poverty or are new to a country. “With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith” (2 Thessalonians 1:11).
24. Women listening to the Women of Hope programs, visiting a Hannah’s House, or participating in a prayer group, asking the Lord to enable them to understand the truths of the gospel and experience a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. “Jesus answered, ‘I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes unto the Father, except through me’” (John 14:6).
25. Women to pray regularly and not lose heart, realizing that their prayers do make a difference. It’s not about us, our technique, or our position in prayer. It’s about God’s power, his glory, his nature, and his perfect will.
26. Women of Hope programs to encourage women who have lost hope; to strengthen women who feel weak; to lift up the fallen; to challenge the healthy to help those who need assistance; to inspire all the listeners to walk closely with the Lord; and to remind the isolated believer that she is not alone.
27. Women to thirst for God. “As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God” (Psalm 42:1-2).
28. Project Hannah’s Women of Hope production teams as they provide programs in more than 65 languages. Pray for God to refresh women who visit listeners or respond to letters, emails, text messages, etc., and give further guidance in living a Christlike life under enormously difficult circumstances.
29. Our God to teach us his thoughts, character, and ways as we study his story recorded in Scripture. “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD” (Isaiah 55:8).
30. Women to “crave pure spiritual milk” and to taste that the Lord is good (1 Peter 2:2).
31. Women in ministry to take time to rest in the Lord. Ask the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, to give them the Spirit of wisdom and revelation so that they might know him better (Ephesians 1:17).