Read stories from listeners of TWR Women of Hope.
May28FriMay 28, 2021 By the TWR Canada Women's Ministry Team
- Filed Under:
- TWR Women of Hope Prayer Calendar
Story of Hope
When Ada met Ledi, our TWR Women of Hope team leader in Albania, the first words she spoke through her tears were, “My father has killed my boyfriend.” Her story is one of significant loss, but also one of restoration.
After graduating from college, Ada left her hometown to find work, met a man and fell in love. Although they wanted to get married, her family would not approve, because he was divorced and had children. Family members tried to beat her into submission. When she did not comply, her father fatally stabbed her boyfriend – ending up in prison himself.
Then Ada found out she was pregnant. Finding no support at home, she immigrated to Sweden, where she gave birth to her daughter. But seven months after giving birth, Ada was denied asylum and returned to Albania. Life as a single mom was difficult, and she needed help. Through the recommendation of a missionary friend in Sweden, Ada contacted the Mother and Child Foundation, which referred her to our TWR Women of Hope team.
Our team counseled her and provided food for her and her baby and a solar radio while introducing her to Women of Hope programs. She needed to move back to her hometown, where the cost of living was less. But before she left, our team connected Ada to a local church and several close friends. These friends reached out to her with love and assistance. Ada joined them in attending church and eventually gave her life to Jesus.
Ada told Ledi, “I never thought I would meet people like you in Albania. You have showed me God’s love with your care. You are more than a sister to me.”
Ada’s life has been restored, and Ledi recently shared, “I was amazed last week when she wrote to me about how she could pray for me.”
In June, we are praying for refugees. Please pray …
- Lord, refugees hope to find solutions to their problems in new host nations. As believers in these host nations, make us channels of your love, grace and hope. (Ps. 62:8)
- Father, we pray for new Christian believers who are refugees in Sweden and are threatened with deportation despite the risk of persecution and even death for their faith if they return to their home countries. (Rom. 8:35)
- Father, we call out for your protection of Ethiopian refugees. You alone can restore the minds and hearts of women who have been raped and abused. (Isa. 41:10)
- God, give refugees great courage to share their Christian faith with others. Guide them to a place of safety and provision. (Deut. 31:6)
- Lord, may refugees in Denmark be restored through Healing the Wounds of Trauma, a biblical pastoral-care program offered by Christian leaders there. (1 Pet. 5:7)
- God, may Albanian refugees living abroad encounter Christians who care for them, befriend them and introduce them to you. (John 13:34-35)
- Lord, enable the North Caucasus TWR Women of Hope team to provide both material and spiritual help to all the refugees who contact them. May the refugees find jobs, homes, a place of safety and new life in you. (Phil. 2:4)
- Father, comfort the thousands of Indonesians who are refugees because of natural disasters. As they stay in crowded evacuation tents after having lost everything, provide believers to minister your peace to them along with medicine and food. (John 16:33)
- Lord, help German Christians to remember the refugees who have already become accustomed to their new surroundings. May these believers seek to build friendships with immigrants and show them the love and truth of Jesus. (John 15:13)
- Father, we ask your protection over North Korean refugees who are fleeing to China only to be confined and sent back. Protect their lives and lead them to a place of safety. (Ps. 32:7)
- God, you are close to the broken-hearted. Heal the wounds of Indian refugees around the world, and may we act in their behalf. (Ps. 34:18)
- Thank you, Lord, for our partner, Norea Media Mission. Use their app, Good News Media, to teach refugees and unreached people groups about yourself and your truth. May believers also use this app to reach believers of other religions for Christ. (John 14:6)
- Father, help South African refugees to consider their spiritual needs, granting them wisdom to know you and to understand that their help comes from you, their creator. (Ps. 121:1-2)
- We pray that the Philippine government will fairly aid and protect Lumad tribes that have been displaced from their ancestral lands on the island of Mindanao due to commercial development. (Prov. 31:9)
- Father, we pray for the provision of daily needs and safety for thousands of refugees who live in Sudan after fleeing warfare in neighbouring Ethiopia. (Prov. 29:25)
- God, please bring volunteer translators to our Polish team to translate You Are Precious into Ukrainian, Belarusian and Russian so that refugees may be spiritually healed. (Ps. 23)
- Guide Ukrainian refugees, Lord, as they leave places of conflict to seek work and housing. Bring healing and peace to their hearts and draw them to you. (2 Thess. 3:16)
- Give strength, Lord, to poor, hard-working Khmer parents who migrate to Thailand to support their families, leaving their children with the grandparents. (Isa. 40:31)
- God, we pray for Burundian refugees living in camps in neighbouring Rwanda, Tanzania and the Democratic Republic of Congo, especially during this rainy season during which so many camps are flooded. (Matt. 7:25)
- Lord, please guide and provide for the 54,065 refugees applying for asylum in Spain in 2020. “The LORD watches over the foreigner and sustains the fatherless and the widow.” (Ps. 146:9a)
- Father, lead Christians in Portugal to help refugees integrate into their communities by helping with documents, language learning and job searches. May the refugees not be exploited or face racism and prejudice. (Heb. 13:16)
- Lord, give wisdom to leaders on Bonaire and Curacao so they will help and love refugees. (Deut. 10:18)
- Father, may we show Christ’s love and grace to South African refugees who are grieving separation from their loved ones, learning a new language and struggling to obtain food, housing and permits to study and work. (Deut. 10:19)
- Thank you, Lord, for Finnish Christians who work with immigrants and refugees, offering support, connecting people and spreading your love. Lead others to donate their time and resources to serve people from other cultures. Give wisdom to the authorities in granting asylum and residence permits. (Acts 20:35)
- We praise you that the Women of Hope programs in Uruguay are teaching listeners to be kind and merciful to refugees. Please provide the refugees with work, housing and protection from evil people who would abuse them. (Prov.19:23)
- Thank you, Lord, that South Korea created refugee laws in 2019. We pray that prejudices against refugees would disappear and that fair screening procedures would be enacted. (Matt. 7:1)
- God of mercy, we cry out for your peace in Ethiopia and other areas of conflict around the globe. Guide leaders to seek solutions that will defuse the situation and better the lives of these displaced civilians. (1 Pet. 3:11)
- Lord, we pray that refugee women will find the program Welcome to Sweden – which is available in Farsi, Arabic and Swedish – and will hear your gospel through its message. (Matt. 24:14)
- We pray that the Philippine government will soon act with pure motives to spur restoration of Marawi. Many residents of this city on the island of Mindanao were displaced as it was heavily damaged during 2017 battles with religious militants. (Amos 9:14)
- We pray for the numerous refugees in France who are in the country without papers, places to sleep or food. Lord, please fully equip our partners there to faithfully serve them and point them to Jesus. (Matt. 5:42)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used with permission. All rights reserved worldwide.