Read stories from listeners of TWR Women of Hope.
Jun26FriJune 26, 2020 by the TWR Canada Women's Ministry Team
- Filed Under:
- TWR Women of Hope Prayer Calendar
A Place to Worship
Chivy * was caring for cows in the fields of Cambodia when our TWR Women of Hope team first met her.
With excitement in her voice, she shared, “Through the Women of Hope program, God gave me a vision of having a place of worship right here in my village, where the good news of Jesus has not been shared.”
Chivy and five women come together in her home each Sunday to worship and be encouraged by the Word of God as they listen to Women of Hope. In the evening she gathered the children to listen as well. But her desire was for land and a church building where her whole village could hear of Jesus.
“One day, one of my neighbours asked me to look after her cows, and she paid me. I started to save this money.”
As Chivy continued saving her earnings, she also asked God to supply land for a place of worship. Finally, her answer came. “The owner of some land near me put it up for sale, and I was able to buy it cheap!”
The TWR Women of Hope team was inspired by Chivy’s story and decided to join her in holding a Christmas service on her new piece of land. Of the 40 women and men who came to celebrate Christmas, only five to seven were believers in Christ. They praised the Lord, played games, and shared about Jesus’ birth and the salvation he offers, and then the group had fellowship over a lunch prepared for the occasion by Chivy and her friends.
“God has plans for this village,” a TWR Women of Hope staff member shared.
Chivy is praising God, who is using her income from watching cows to realize a dream of bringing her village together to worship the Great Provider.
* Not her real name.
In July, we are thanking God. Please pray …
- We rejoice that the prayer teams in Serbia enthusiastically lift up women and girls around the world, identifying with their struggles and empathizing with their pain. Thank you for making us one family united in prayer. (Phil. 2:1-2)
- Thank you, Lord, for bringing talented and committed volunteers to help the Nepal TWR Women of Hope team. Churches and local women’s ministries are uniting to minister more effectively to the women there!
- Thank you, Father, for loving and caring for your children during the coronavirus pandemic and in every difficulty we face. We join our Polish team in claiming you as our refuge and strength during a time of global fear. (Ps. 46:1)
- Thank you that the love of Jesus is being displayed through the Indonesia team as they share health information and assist village women in getting micro-loans to develop their small businesses.
- We express our gratitude to you as Jehovah-Jireh, our provider, for supplying the Canadian team with faithful financial and prayer partners. (Gen. 22:14)
- Thank you, Father, that our team in Norway is broadcasting a new 90-second audio devotional three times a week titled Tapas for the Faith. These short biblical segments of encouragement give a taste of the Word of God and make listeners want to “eat more.”
- Thank you that when our Bonaire team gets discouraged and feels alone in the ministry, you send listeners who share how the programs have been a blessing to them. God, you give them the strength to be obedient and carry on! (Ps. 9:1)
- We thank you for your faithfulness and blessing as TWR Women of Hope prayer groups celebrate their 20th anniversary in Finland. Thank you for calling women to prayer while uniting and strengthening their fellowship. (2 Tim. 2:13)
- We acknowledge you, Lord, for supplying our teams with talented volunteers who provide practical information to our Women of Hope audiences. (Phil. 4:19)
- Thank you, Father, that you are changing people’s lives as women share their testimonies of your love on Ukraine’s Women of Hope programs.
- We thank you, God, that the coronavirus crisis has drawn the people of France together. May their actions of meeting one another’s needs continue even after this emergency ends.
- We are grateful, Lord, that you have given our Romanian team compassionate hearts for women, creativity for use in projects and inspiration for writing new scripts. Please use their daily Facebook devotional to bless women.
- We thank you, God, for the funds you have supplied our team in Germany, where TWR Women of Hope’s work has been supported for almost two decades.
- Lord, thank you for the TWR Women of Hope prayer groups that are actively interceding during these difficult times. Bless them and give them wisdom as they pray for their own nations. (Eph. 6:8)
- God, thank you for bringing Christian unity within our local prayer groups. You join our hearts in a closer bond of love for each other and for our TWR Women of Hope family around the world. (Col. 3:14)
- Thank you, Father, that the Serbian Women of Hope programs are changing lives, providing true spiritual refreshment and helping women on their journey to know you.
- We give thanks to you, Lord, for the team of volunteers who give of their time and talents to enrich the ministry and bless women in Brazil. (Matt. 9:37)
- We are grateful, Father, that you encourage the hearts of our ministry team in Uruguay as listeners shared how the Women of Hope programs inspire and strengthen their lives. (Rom. 1:12)
- We thank you, Lord, that many nations are embracing Hidden Treasures as a tool to bring healing to sexually exploited women. We pray for those translating and producing Hidden Treasures for new languages.
- Our hearts are grateful, God, that TWR Women of Hope India organized the first women’s meeting in the history of a village church and 100 women attended!
- Father, thank you for the many intercessors spread around the world who express love by praying daily for people they have never seen. (Eph. 6:18)
- Thank you, Lord, that we can use so many forms of media to minister hope to women in Latin America and around the world even in the middle of a pandemic.
- Thank you, God, that your Word and truth in Ukrainian Women of Hope programs ministers to listeners like drinking cold water in the heat. (John 6:35)
- Thank you, Lord, that the short, dynamic and practical devotionals that our Romanian team is releasing on Facebook and WhatsApp are being received as “wonderful and encouraging meditations for our soul.”
- You, Lord, are the source of our creativity. We praise you for the innovative ways you show our teams worldwide to reach out to women, bringing them truth, hope and healing. (Rev. 4:11)
- We praise you, God, that our Turkish, Albanian and other TWR Women of Hope teams are praying for and ministering to women in hospitals during their time of great need and are seeing women respond to this kindness.
- Thank you, Lord, that you are reaching into closed countries with our Women of Hope broadcasts and are giving women hope and new life in Jesus. Please protect our teams and give them wisdom by your Spirit as they share the gospel.
- God, it encourages our hearts to learn that many men in Africa are being encouraged and finding faith in Jesus through the Women of Hope programs. Your Word is changing lives and families!
- Thank you, Lord, for using the Nepal TWR and Women of Hope team members to teach practical hygiene to women and children for their protection against COVID-19. (Ps. 32:7)
- We thank you, Lord, for bringing TWR Women of Hope a new regional coordinator for South Asia. Please give her your wisdom and heart as she ministers to women in this region and learns her new position.
- We are reminded, Father, that whatever we say or do, we are to do it in the name of Jesus with thanksgiving in our hearts. (Col. 3:17)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used with permission. All rights reserved worldwide.