Women of Hope Blog
Read stories from listeners of TWR Women of Hope.
Jan29FriJanuary 29, 2021 by the TWR Canada Women's Ministry Team
- Filed Under:
- TWR Women of Hope Prayer Calendar
The Impact of Education
Education is life changing. Adine’s* family, in Southeast Asia, experienced such a blessing through the Women of Hope radio broadcasts.
TWR's national partner in Indonesia, known as YTWR, collaborates with local stations to broadcast Women of Hope, and follow-up teams distribute mini audio devices containing the program to local churches. Programming can be accessed by large groups like the congregation, small groups and individuals, all of whom take turns using the devices.
Women of Hope programs provide Scripture, biblical teaching and medical information to help people gain both spiritual knowledge and practical information to enrich their daily lives. Through a program on nutrition, the family learned material that caused considerable improvement in the health of one of Adine’s grandchildren.
The child had little appetite and hardly ate. Months went by with little improvement. Then the grandparents heard a discussion by doctors on Women of Hope about nutrition. They learned enough to be able to provide the little one with the right food to reverse the condition. Slowly the child’s appetite returned, and Adine’s family praised God for it.
The mini audio devices facilitate sharing hope in other ways as well. While listening to the Women of Hope programs, one woman’s faith was so strengthened that she began to pray regularly for her husband. Eventually, her husband quit drinking and smoking. The faith of another woman also was built up, and she has given her own illness and family problems to God. Praise God!
Even the pastor and his family who distribute the mini audio devices have been helped by the spiritual and medical programming and are grateful to YTWR for the devices on which all the broadcasts are heard. How wonderful to have the collaboration of YTWR, Women of Hope and pastors of local churches to provide education and information that can have such a broad impact.
* Her name has been changed to protect her privacy.
In February, we are praying for spiritual growth. Please pray …
- Father, as our team in Paraguay shares your Word with the women from Trinidad and with women serving in Buen Pastor prison, may your salvation, hope and life be activated in their hearts enabling them to live virtuously for you. (Prov. 2:6-11)
- Father, raise up TWR Women of Hope teams in France. Grant believers there a fervent desire to grow in their relationship with you, read your Word, pray and share their faith. (Matt. 5:6)
- Praise God for the 3,000 responses this year to the Indonesian Women of Hope program, with another 2,000 to the Javanese version! Women share that they are learning about Jesus and being strengthened in their faith. (Phil. 4:13)
- Lord, use the program You Are Precious, prepared by our team in Poland, to shape the awareness of women and girls so that they know their worth in your eyes. (Prov. 31:10)
- May our prayer calendar not be just another piece of Christian literature for German and Northern European Christians. Instead, may it inspire them to pray, grow, actively live out their faith and help those in need. (Eph. 4:14-16)
- With churches closed and a significant portion of the population unable to read the Scriptures for themselves, we praise you that Women of Hope programs have enabled many Nepalese to hear the gospel, give their lives to Jesus and grow in their faith. (Ps. 25:4)
- We acknowledge that no relationship in our lives is more important than the one we have with you, our creator and purpose-giver. Even on days when you feel distant, may we trust what your Word says and believe you are right beside us in every moment. (Isa. 40:11)
- As Chinese Christian women go about their endless daily tasks, may they take the time to be like Mary and draw close to Jesus for their own quality time with the Lord. (Luke 10:41-42)
- Lord, we pray that our South African team will have opportunities to educate people on how to sustain a solid relationship with God, enabling them to live a fulfilling life even in these extremely dangerous and difficult times. (Exod. 19:5)
- Father, as women in Liberia continue to grow spiritually through the Women of Hope programs, may they live out their faith by sharing it with others in their communities. (2 Thess. 1:3)
- Lord, as people listen to Indonesian and Javanese Women of Hope programs through local stations or in groups through mini audio devices, we pray for your message of love and salvation to transform their hearts. (Ps. 19:8)
- Father, enable women in India to hear your call for them to intentionally spend time in the Word of God despite their many family and cultural responsibilities. (Ps. 119:16)
- Father, strengthen Cambodian Christian women married to unbelieving husbands who will not let them attend church or fellowship with other believers. May they find their spiritual nourishment in your Word and through Women of Hope and other Christian programs. (Isa. 40:31)
- Lord, protect your Church from false teaching. Give believers wisdom and discernment to distinguish between truth and error and strengthen them to stand firm on your Word. (2 Tim. 2:15)
- In 2 Peter 3:18, we are encouraged to "grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.” Holy Spirit, help us to yield to and cooperate with the glorious intentions of God.
- We pray that TWR Women of Hope broadcasts in Poland will help listeners to understand that God wants exclusive love, that he is a jealous God. (Exod. 20:5)
- Father, we pray for those who have walked away from the Christian faith because they blame you when problems arise. May they find healing and true faith as they come to have an accurate and biblical view of who you are. (Deut. 30:1-3)
- Lord, as women listen to the Women of Hope radio program in the rural areas of Paraguay, touch their hearts so that they grow both in their knowledge of your Word and in their determination to obey it. (Col. 1:9-10)
- Father, we thank you for the community that exists among Christian women of Côte d'Ivoire. May these women be strengthened as they come together in prayer. May they trust and depend on you, Father, as they grow in their knowledge of you and your Word. (Col. 1:11-12)
- Lord, we pray that Christians in Denmark, Greenland and the Faroe Islands would prioritize studying the Bible both as individuals and within families. (2 Pet.1:2)
- Lord, as women gather across Canada to pray through the TWR Women of Hope prayer calendar, may they grow in faith together. “For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them” (Matt.18:20).
- Norea Norway Women of Hope broadcasts a devotional series that shares a Bible verse and explanation. Please pray that women will be touched by this and become thirsty to read more from the Word of God. (Isa. 55:11)
- Father, we praise you for allowing us to use different platforms to minister to women in Brazil. May the women who listen to our programs and devotionals be transformed by your Word! (Heb. 4:12)
- Lord, what a privilege it is to be called your daughters. May we be grateful for this relationship and continue to hunger and thirst for you. (Col. 3:16)
- Lord, your Word alone is true. Lead us to a deep understanding of your Word as we study it so that we can share this life-giving truth with others in Uruguay (2 Pet. 1:5-8)
- We pray for Korean Christian women to deeply meditate on the Word of God so they will live out God’s will and purpose for their lives. (2 Pet. 1:3)
- Father, we seek your provision for widows and orphans in Côte d'Ivoire. May the church reach out in holistic ministry to the many women and girls in need. (James 1:27)
- As many churches still cannot gather due to the COVID-19 pandemic, may the faith of believers be strengthened as they individually draw close to you, Lord (Prov. 30:5)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used with permission. All rights reserved worldwide.