Women of Hope Blog
Read stories from listeners of TWR Women of Hope.
Nov27FriNovember 27, 2020 by the TWR Women's Ministry Team
- Filed Under:
- TWR Women of Hope Prayer Calendar
We Need a Saviour
“The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favour” (Luke 4:18-19).
Jesus spoke these life-giving words as the long-awaited Jewish Messiah come to set his people free. They needed a Saviour.
We do, as well. As we pray for the salvation of our world in December, we realize that this same good news and freedom that Jesus spoke of is available for us in our difficult situations today. Whether people are being persecuted, are physically in a prison, or find themselves in a mental or emotional prison, we can pray for them to know our Saviour, who brings true freedom.
Those who have lost their jobs or are trying to hang on to their businesses need good news. Many of us are dealing with isolation and the stress of change in almost every aspect of our lives – new ways of working, of going to school, even of communicating. People are captive to fear, anxiety and worry about the future.
As we look around at the world, our hearts ache because of the pain we see. What can we do to help – as just one person? When we reread Isaiah’s words as spoken by Jesus and then recall his Great Commission, we can see that Jesus has given us his Spirit and that we, as believers, have been anointed to proclaim the good news. We can show the way for mankind to be reconciled to this God who came to earth to release us from our captivity to sin and darkness and to free us from death!
Even as just one person, we can purposefully seek out those in our neighbourhoods and workplaces who are isolated or fearful and share our own stories of how God gives peace and strength in these difficult times as we focus our eyes on him. Would you pray for opportunities to be an encouragement to someone, to have spiritual conversations, to be that friend who binds up the broken-hearted and comforts those in mourning? Would you join us in being that one person in your corner of the world who shares the good news of freedom in Christ?
In December, we are praying for salvation. Please pray …
- As individuals in Kyrgyzstan seek God in this time of crisis, many are turning to Islam. Father, may Christians there speak the truth courageously, and may the people in Central Asia find salvation in you, the one true God. (Isa. 45:6)
- God, we pray for Christian unity in Cambodia. May believers work together to be salt and light so that nonbelievers see the love of God and desire his salvation. (Matt. 5:13-16)
- We pray for the physical salvation of those in Ethiopia who lost their jobs as a result of COVID-19 and are starving, as well as for those dying from not having received the medical care they need. (Ps. 54:4)
- We pray for nominal believers in Ukraine who perform religious rituals but lack genuine salvation. God, bring them true spiritual life. (2 Kings 17:33)
- We pray for the salvation and release of women forced to work in Asian brothels. Grant wisdom to the Christian organizations who are working to physically and spiritually set these women free. (Jer. 34:8)
- As people call out in fear and desperation for God’s help during this time of COVID-19, may they find the true God who gives peace and hope to those who believe and follow him. (Ps. 119:146)
- We pray for those women in Albania who are isolated, have spouses who forbid them to read the Bible or even have their Bibles burned. May they find hope in Women of Hope radio programs and find salvation in Jesus. (Ps. 10:17)
- May women in rural areas of Benin held captive by occult practices and harmful traditions be set free by the Word of God and experience his love. (Deut. 18:9)
- Lord, give the Women of Hope production teams in Uruguay great wisdom to clearly present the message of salvation, and may listening women respond! (Eph. 6:19)
- Lord, encourage German believers to pray for the spread of Hidden Treasures across Europe and for this media ministry to bring women in prostitution to salvation in your name. (James 5:16)
- Father, we pray for unity among the political parties in Singapore so that they work together for the good of the nation and to overcome the pandemic issues. (2 Chron. 30:12)
- Father, may believers in France no longer be complacent but instead be willing to love others, witness boldly for you and pray fervently for revival in their land. (Rom. 13:8)
- During the COVID-19 crisis, many families in Vietnam accepted Jesus as their Saviour. May they join Bible classes to find strength and to understand God and their new faith. (Heb. 5:14)
- Father, we pray that all who are in Brazilian prisons may have their hearts enlightened by your Spirit so they may come to know Christ as their Saviour and experience true freedom. (Gal. 5:1)
- May this time of isolation cause people in South Africa to evaluate their lives and reflect on their destiny after death. Father, open their eyes to your truth so they may repent of their sin, accept your gift of salvation and be restored to you, their Creator. (Mark 1:15)
- Father, as your children, may we be willing to change our priorities, schedules, relationships and anything else that hinders us from following your will each day. (Ps. 25:4-5)
- We cry out for the people of Nepal who search for salvation through giving gifts to the temple and gods, feeding the poor, or going on pilgrimages. Connect these seekers with Christians who can share the truth that salvation is only through Jesus Christ. (Gal. 2:16)
- We ask, Lord, that the seed sown by Paraguay TWR Women of Hope volunteers, teachers and workers produce lasting fruit in the hearts of the women to whom they minister. (John 15:4-5)
- We pray that our ministry through Indonesian and Javanese Women of Hope radio programs, health care and handicraft training will all be used by God to open unbelievers’ hearts and eyes to see God’s love and salvation. (Acts 26:17b-18)
- We intercede for the salvation of women in the Arab world. May they be set free from the pain and destruction often found in these societies. Open their eyes to your light and draw them to yourself, Father. (Ps. 119:18)
- Father, we pray for unity and healing among families in Denmark, where domestic violence has risen during this time of isolation and shutdown. Be their refuge and help those in danger to find a place of safety. (2 Sam. 22:3)
- We pray that North Korean refugees in China, Russia and Southeast Asia would hear the gospel and receive Jesus as their Saviour. Lord, keep the missionaries safe who are protecting these refugees. (Isa. 16:3b-4a)
- We pray for unity among the churches in Albania. Lord, grant pastors and leaders humble hearts so they can see each other as you see them. May nonbelievers come to recognize that their love for each other actually flows from you. (1 Cor. 12:12)
- Lord, we ask for the salvation of all those who do not know you. "And you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins" (Matt. 1:21).
- Father, we pray for those in the churches of Poland who attend church and are committed to helping the needy but have not yet found true salvation in you through Jesus Christ. (Heb. 2:1-4)
- Lord, we pray for women and girls in Liberia to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ from TWR radio programs and preachers and to make firm decisions to give their lives to Christ. (Deut. 17:11)
- As the story of Jesus’ birth is broadcast by radio in Cambodia, may it spark conversations, awaken people’s hearts and draw people to accept Jesus as Saviour. (1 Pet. 1:3)
- Father, give boldness and courage to our TWR Women of Hope team in India. May their witness touch the lives of women there who need to receive you. (Mark 8:34-38)
- Lord, we pray for young adults in Sweden who have left the Christian fellowship behind and now question their background. Holy Spirit, show them the error of their beliefs and convince them of your truth. (Ps. 78:6-8)
- God, we pray for peace and stability in Ethiopia. Protect people in the country from guerrilla fighters in the western part of the country and bring unity and harmony among its people groups. (Col. 3:14)
- Lord, please help Romanian inmates to have a genuine relationship with you and to accept both their guilt as sinners and your grace. Do not let them have an empty religion, but instead enable them to experience a new life by repenting of their sins and believing in Jesus. (2 Cor. 5:17)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used with permission. All rights reserved worldwide.