Women of Hope Blog
Subscribe to TWR Canada’s weekly Women of Hope email to receive daily prayer requests, updates and stories of impact from the TWR Women of Hope global ministry.View RSS Feed
Read stories from listeners of TWR Women of Hope.
Read stories from listeners of TWR Women of Hope.
Nov24ThuNovember 24, 2016 by TWR Canada Women's Ministry Team
- Filed Under:
- TWR Women of Hope Prayer Calendar
Praying for Women to Experience Eternal Life
Life is short. Eternity, on the other hand, is a very long time. One thing is certain: 100 percent of everyone alive today will someday die. Women everywhere are extremely busy preparing for daily life (what to eat, what to wear, where to live). Preparing for eternity is far more important, but people usually don’t want to think about it.
The Christian view of eternity includes the holy, eternal Trinity (God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit). God created all things and reveals himself through his creation. When a person dies, the individual’s eternal spirit continues to exist in either heaven or hell.
People chose to reject God, bringing sin into the world. Because God is not only holy but merciful and loving, he took on human form in the person of Jesus Christ (the Son) to live a sinless life on earth and then to die as payment for our sin. When we accept God’s gift of salvation from sin through the death and resurrection of Jesus, God chooses to see our sin no longer and to see Jesus as righteous on our behalf. Because of Jesus, we live daily in a restored relationship with God.
God the Holy Spirit dwells in each true follower of Jesus. While we’re still on earth, God’s Word (Scripture) and the Holy Spirit teach us the ways of God and help us to be true followers of Jesus. When life on earth ends, Christians immediately are in God’s presence for the rest of eternity in heaven.
God loves each person and desires that everyone spend eternity with him. God commands Christians to be witnesses, to tell others about his love and how they can restore their relationship with him through Jesus’ gift of salvation. Life is short, so tell them soon.
Please pray for …
1. Women to know that God created all things, including them, to show his glory and power. May this knowledge then lead them to realize that he is worthy of their worship. “You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honour and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being” (Revelation 4:11).
2. Women to understand that God reveals himself to everyone through his creation. “The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands” (Psalm 19:1). “For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities – his eternal power and divine nature – have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse” (Romans 1:20).
3. Women to know that God loves them and wants them to be a part of his forever family, thereby receiving an inheritance in his kingdom of heaven. “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade – kept in heaven for you” (1 Peter 1:3-4).
4. Women to understand that all people have sinned and their sin separates them from a holy God. “For all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). “For the wages of sin is death” (Romans 6:23).
5. Women to understand that a holy God hates sin and that all sin is against God. “Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight” (Psalm 51:4).
6. Women to understand that God loves each of us so much that he came to earth in human form as the Son, Jesus Christ, to pay for our sin and die in our place. “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8).
7. Women to know that salvation is provided through God the Son, Jesus. “Jesus answered, ‘I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6). “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved’” (Acts 16:31).
8. Women to accept that Jesus died on the cross for their sins, was buried, then rose from the dead, and is now in heaven. “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved” (Romans 10:13).
9. Christian women to rejoice in knowing that Jesus is preparing a place for them in heaven. “In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am” (John 14:2-4).
10. Women to acknowledge that they are sinners and turn from their sinful ways, asking the Holy Spirit to live in them and teach them the ways of God. “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit” (Acts 2:38).
11. Christian women to know that their bodies are the dwelling places of God the Holy Spirit and that they are to take care of and honour God with their bodies. “Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit lives in you?” (1 Corinthians 3:16).
12. Women to understand that they cannot do anything to save themselves but that their salvation comes only as a result of God’s grace (Ephesians 2:8-9).
13. Women to understand that they were “created in Christ Jesus to do good works” (Ephesians 2:10).
14. Women to understand the importance of learning what God’s Word says and of changing their thoughts, attitudes, and actions to live according to Scripture. “Do not merely listen to the Word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says” (James 1:22).
15. Women to study God’s Word so they can begin to understand the way God thinks and acts. “‘For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,’ declares the LORD” (Isaiah 55:8).
16. Christian women to worship and praise God. “I will sing to the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live” (Psalm 104:33).
17. Women to please God in how they speak, by what they think about, and by the attitudes of their hearts. “May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer” (Psalm 19:14).
18. Women to enthusiastically tell others what God has done for them. “For we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard” (Acts 4:20).
19. Women to live every day as witnesses to others of God’s great love. “Day after day, in the temple courts and from house to house, they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Christ” (Acts 5:42).
20. Women to speak “the truth in love” (Ephesians 4:15) and allow the Holy Spirit to “convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment” (John 16:8).
21. Christians to proclaim that “God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16).
22. Christians to lovingly warn others, “Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son” (John 3:18).
23. Women whose cultural and religious beliefs prevent them from openly hearing about God’s love and the hope they can have through Jesus Christ. Many are courageously listening to radio programs in their homes to learn more about Jesus.
24. Women to celebrate the Christmas message of joy, peace, and hope by telling others about what God has done in their lives.
25. Those who are living in seemingly hopeless situations to find hope through Jesus Christ. Pray that they will hear of God’s great gift of salvation through Jesus Christ. “And the angel said unto them, ‘Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord’” (Luke 2:10-11).
26. Women listening to the Women of Hope programs, visiting a Hannah’s House, or participating in a prayer group. Ask the Lord to move in their hearts so that they understand the truths of the gospel and experience a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
27. Women of Hope programs to encourage women who have lost hope; to strengthen women who feel weak; to lift up the fallen; to challenge the healthy to help those who need assistance; to inspire all the listeners to walk closely with the Lord; and to remind the isolated believer that she is not alone.
28. Women to be willing to change their priorities, schedules, relationships, and anything else that hinders them from following God’s will. “Show me your way, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Saviour, and my hope is in you all day long” (Psalm 25:4-5).
29. Women to spend more time getting to know God’s thoughts, character, and ways by studying his Word. Pray that as they learn more about God, they will care about the things he cares about, grieve over the things he grieves over, and rejoice over the things that bring pleasure to him.
30. Women facing very difficult circumstances like poverty, divorce, promiscuity, prostitution, or HIV/AIDS. Pray that they will allow God to cover them with his righteousness. “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” (2 Corinthians 5:17).
31. God’s guidance in the new year as TWR Women of Hope (Project Hannah) speaks hope and healing to women around the world and across generations.