Read stories from listeners of TWR Women of Hope.
May29FriMay 29, 2020 by the TWR Women of Hope Ministry Team
- Filed Under:
- TWR Women of Hope Prayer Calendar
Click here for a printer-friendly version.
Praying for Refugees
Every minute, 25 people somewhere in the world leave everything behind to escape war, persecution or terror. There are currently 70.8 million forcibly displaced persons globally. We pray for these refugees, asylum seekers and internally displaced persons as well as those leaving home because of natural disasters, unemployment or the desire to build a better life.
The components that make up this worldwide crisis are so numerous that the situation seems hopeless. Even trying to supply basic needs to those involved can be overwhelming. Ours is an unstable world in need of a Savior who brings peace and redemption. Jesus, who is that Redeemer, was himself an outcast in his native land. He united Jews and Gentiles (frequently warring people groups) through the cross, breaking down the wall of hostility that separated them (Eph. 2:14). And he wants to bring this same redemption to our world today.
We do pray for God to give governments and relief agencies the wisdom, resources and strategies to help rebuild the lives of those displaced. We pray for Christians to lovingly embrace these newcomers and to walk alongside them as they learn to navigate a new culture. He desires us to loose the chains of the oppressed, share our food with the hungry and provide shelter to the poor wanderer (Isa. 58:7-8).
But only our Father can minister holistic healing to these hurting individuals, restoring children who have seen their families murdered and mending the souls of women who have been raped while fleeing their homes. Pray for those in need to call out to God, who sees their trouble and understands their grief. Ask that these victims commit themselves to God, the helper of the fatherless (Ps.10:14).
Amid so much chaos, God is rebuilding lives and bringing hope. Through a multitude of individuals and organizations, God is placing SD cards with the gospel message into refugees’ hands, along with food and clothing. Immigrants are being welcomed into church communities worldwide. By June 2020, in the Kakuma refugee camp in Kenya, a TWR radio station will begin broadcasting the Word of God through life-giving radio programs such as Women of Hope. Our local Kenyan team is hoping to distribute prayer calendars to women in the camp as well.
Despite this global humanitarian crisis, the Church of Jesus Christ is being continually renewed as God brings light and life to the most vulnerable.
In June, we are praying for refugees, immigrants and war zone victims. Please pray …
- “O God … you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe. I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings” (Ps. 61:1-4).
- Father, give Dr. Peggy Banks wisdom and biblical insight to communicate your Word effectively when speaking to women’s groups and at TWR Women of Hope conferences.
- Lord, open the hearts of Finnish believers to see refugees and immigrants as those created in the image of God. Cleanse the Church, the body of Christ, of anger and prejudice.
- Father, we pray for Nigerian Christian families who are persecuted for their faith, have lost their homes and belongings, and must move from place to place to ensure their safety.
- We pray that immigrants and refugees from Ukraine and neighboring countries who seek security and a better life in Poland would be respected, protected, supported and properly rewarded for their work.
- God, we pray for the nearly 5 million Muslims living in Germany, many of whom are refugees. May believers befriend them and share their lives and Jesus with them.
- Lord, bless the Romanian communities of immigrants all over Europe and America. As they leave home to find a better life, may they find you wherever they go.
- Strengthen refugee and immigrant believers to be a spiritual light reflecting you wherever they go. May salvation and revival be the outcome of their presence.
- May Canadian believers have your heart of compassion and mercy, Lord, toward refugees and immigrants. Grant that their outreach be effective and communicate the love of Jesus.
- We pray that the millions of refugees in Europe would be open to the gospel. The situation is God-sized, Father, and we ask that you bring healing, safety and hope to each refugee while giving the host nations the love, strategy and resources needed to address the challenges.
- May there be peace and harmony between refugees living in the Dadaab and Kakuma camps and local Kenyans. May those in authority make wise, cooperative and compassionate decisions.
- We pray for France, which has promised to grant asylum to refugees whose lives are being threatened through oppression or targeted political violence.
- Father, please guide and provide for Albanians who have left the country because of high unemployment and are searching for a better future.
- God, we pray for housing and work for the 1 million people who have moved from the Donbass region of Ukraine during the armed conflict. May local Christians encourage and spiritually support them.
- Our hearts cry out for healing and provision for the displaced in Burkina Faso who have fled their homes after witnessing their relatives being murdered by terrorists.
- God, we pray for the necessary resources to care for the thousands of immigrants arriving in Uruguay from Cuba, Venezuela, Haiti and the Dominican Republic. May they not be exploited or abused.
- Father, we pray that the app created by our Norwegian partner Norea Media Mission to bring Christian content to refugees in Arabic, Farsi and Somali-speaking countries would be a powerful tool to teach these uprooted people about Jesus.
- Lord, we pray for physical and emotional healing for those displaced by natural disasters in Indonesia. May the government and the Church rally to help them rebuild homes and secure employment.
- Praise God that the International Christian Center in Copenhagen and Aarhus offers Danish and English classes, devotions and pastoral care. May refugees who are students embrace the message of Jesus.
- Today, on World Refugee Day, we pray for strength, courage and perseverance for those who fled their homes and countries fearing persecution because of their race, religion, nationality, social group or political opinion.
- We pray for the integration of refugees into the Croatian community and for the reuniting of refugee families that have been separated.
- As refugees come into India from neighbouring countries, may Christians extend Christ’s love and acceptance to them.
- Father, we pray for protection and courage for refugees who came to Christ in Sweden but are now being denied asylum. Many could be killed in their home countries because of their newfound faith.
- We pray that churches and Christians will share their faith in Jesus with the 120,000 refugees and immigrants waiting for responses to their asylum requests in Spain.
- Father, console the families in North and South Korea who have been separated for 70 years due to the Korean War. Give them your peace.
- Lord, we pray for financial resources and volunteer workers for organizations that aid immigrants and refugees in Latin America.
- Father, please protect and care for women refugees as they are prone to exploitation, abuse and sexual harassment.
- May the Syrian refugees travelling through Serbia hear the gospel and be given assistance, sleeping accommodations and food for their journey.
- Lord, may foreign women married to Faroese men learn the language and culture and be embraced by the Christian community with love and understanding.
- Lord, please provide for the female Vietnamese refugees from the 1979 Sino-Vietnamese War who married men in China. They are denied citizenship, and their “illegitimate” children lack education and continue the cycle of poverty.
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used with permission. All rights reserved worldwide.