Read stories from listeners of TWR Women of Hope.
Apr23FriApril 23, 2021 By the TWR Canada Women's Ministry Team
- Filed Under:
- TWR Women of Hope Prayer Calendar
Click here for a printer-friendly version.
Who are the Unreached?
Who exactly are the unreached? When Jesus told his followers to “make disciples of all nations,” he used the word “ethne,” which we translate as “people group.” Nations typically are made up of many people groups – Nigeria, for example, has 540 distinct people groups. Of the 17,400 people groups in the world, about 7,400 are unreached.
An unreached people group is one in which there aren’t enough indigenous Christians and needed resources to evangelize the rest of the group without outside help. They need missionaries, for example, to come to the area, learn the language and culture, and then train and disciple leaders to evangelize the remainder of the people within the group. But it is important to note that, if we coordinate our efforts, unreached does not have to mean unreachable.
The majority of these 7,400 unreached people groups live in the 10/40 Window, which refers to countries situated between 10 degrees north and 40 degrees north latitude and stretching across North Africa, the Middle East and many parts of Asia. Of the 50 largest unreached people groups, Islam predominates in 23; Hinduism in 18; Buddhism in six; ethnic religions in two; and no religion in one.
So, what can you do to make a difference?
Visit athirdofus.com, where you can:
- Sign up to receive the A Third of Us Action Guide. You will also learn specific ways to take action to bring the gospel to them.
- Find out how to take part in International Day for the Unreached, on May 23, 2021, and become involved throughout the year in this mission.
- Pray! Within the Action Guide is a prayer section where you can sign up to receive the “Unreached of the Day” prayer focus.
Together, we can bring the life-giving truth of Jesus to the unreached.
In May, we are praying for the unreached. Please pray …
- Father, give wisdom to Ethiopian believers as they share the gospel of Jesus with unreached communities, each of which has its own beliefs and cultural practices. May unbelievers be attracted to Jesus’ life and truth. (Jas. 1:5)
- North Korea is an unreached people group and ranks at the top of Open Doors’ World Watch List for the high rate of persecution against Christians. God, use Women of Hope broadcasts to preach the gospel into this isolated nation. (1 Pet. 4:15-16)
- Many people in Bonaire have heard your Word, Lord. Bless the ministries that reach out with the gospel message. Draw back to yourself those who have gone astray and break the power of their sins so that they may recognize you as Saviour and Lord. (Eph. 6:12)
- Father, help Finnish believers to live godly lives that reflect Jesus. Equip them to share their faith and hope and to testify of your power to those who do not know you or who have strayed from their Christian faith. (Phil. 1:6)
- God, we praise you for our Uruguay team’s faithfulness in praying for the unreached in their nation. This helps to draw nonbelievers to the ministry as the team members pray each evening by radio and broadcast Women of Hope programs. (Col. 4:3-4)
- Lord, we ask that you protect Cambodian Christians and nonbelievers from accepting false teaching. Give them your wisdom to know the truth. (Jer. 23:16)
- Father, we pray for the unreached Batwa tribe in Burundi. The people traditionally live apart from other communities but have begun sending their children to government schools. Bring people to translate the Scriptures for them and minister to their many needs. (Prov. 19:17)
- In the hope of attaining spiritual enlightenment and liberation, educated families in India sometimes indulge in occult practices leading to suicide and murder. Lord, enable believers to reach out to these people to offer restoration through Christ. (Prov. 9:10-11)
- Strengthen the partnerships that TWR Women of Hope has with other Christian organizations, Father, and guide our combined efforts so that multitudes will turn to Jesus Christ as their Saviour. (Matt. 9:37-38)
- God, enable Albanian Christians to be light in the darkness and to lovingly serve people in your name. May nonbelievers desire this life-changing relationship with you. (Matt. 5:15)
- Father, thank you that the Women of Hope programs going out from the North Caucasus reach neighbouring republics where a different religion is practiced. May the signals be strong and reach those who need to hear of Jesus. (Mark 16:15-16)
- Lord, please bring women volunteers to our team in Poland who are eager to reach women in difficult life situations with the message of the broadcast, You Are Precious. (Gal. 6:10)
- Father, please provide both funding and intercessors for our partner, Norea Norway, as it shares the gospel with the unreached through media. (Col. 4:2)
- Lord, China has the second-highest number of unreached people groups in the world. Give Chinese believers creativity and boldness to share the gospel regardless of the political climate. (2 Tim. 4:2)
- Father, guide the churches in Paraguay to skillfully prepare and train their workers for ministry so that even more people are reached with the good news of your gospel and entire families turn to Christ. (2 Tim. 3:16)
- We praise you, God, for TWR’s German national partner as it reaches out to nonbelievers with media, prayer calendars and materials in a way that is easily understood by people who do not know the Bible. (Rom. 10:14)
- Lord, use the TWR Women of Hope team in Ukraine, along with their programs and materials, to reach the hearts of unbelieving women in their country. (Rom. 10:9)
- God, give wisdom to our team in the Philippines so that they encourage depressed and hopeless people and respond effectively to those who follow different faiths. (Prov. 2:6)
- Father, use the 40-plus mission organizations that are uniting around International Day for the Unreached on Sunday, May 23, to mobilize believers all over the world to share the gospel. Visit athirdofus.com. (Matt. 28:19)
- Thank you, Lord, for the many ways that people can hear the gospel in Denmark. May the unsaved in this nation who seek to find meaning in life hear the gospel and be restored to you. (Rom. 1:16)
- God, open the eyes of unbelievers in Spain who are suffering in this pandemic, enabling them to see your love as expressed on the cross of Calvary. (John 3:16)
- We pray, Lord, that the Holy Spirit would work in the lives of Swedish-speaking unbelievers who hear The Garden of the Heart to bring understanding of your great love for them. (1 John 4:16)
- Father, we pray for the unreached in South Africa who have chosen to harden their hearts and close their spiritual ears to your voice. (Heb. 3:8)
- The number of practicing Christians in the U.S. has dropped by half since 2000, while the percentage of atheists and agnostics has almost doubled since 2003. Father, awaken the hearts of people to seek you. (Rom. 13:11)
- Lord, may people be drawn to the Albanian Women of Hope program, desire to know more about you and come to know Christ. (Prov. 8:17)
- Father, we pray for women in India as they migrate from one state to another for marriage, education and employment. Even as they face hardships and temptations, may their spiritual lives be restored through local Christian fellowship. (Heb. 10:24-25)
- In the past century, Korea has gone from being an unreached people group to a missionary-sending powerhouse. Pray that the church in South Korea would use this experience to lead in creating a concrete mission strategy for evangelizing unreached peoples. (Ps. 32:8)
- Lord, we pray that the Women of Hope programs, videos and Facebook content that our Cambodian team produces will both encourage the believer and touch the unbeliever’s heart to consider and accept the truths of Jesus. (Ps. 86:11)
- God, more than 10 isolated tribes in Indonesia have no schools, medical care or connection with the outside world. Bring people to meet their physical needs and translating teams to meet their spiritual needs with Scriptures in their heart languages. (1 John 3:17)
- Lord, thank you for the loving service that our TWR Women of Hope teams in Ethiopia are giving to women from other religious backgrounds. Through listening to Healing Voice and providing other health services, many women are putting their faith in Jesus. (1 Pet. 4:10)
- Father, may those who are receiving the free Bibles that our partner in France is distributing, read your Scripture, come to know you, and receive your message of salvation through Jesus. (Rom. 10:17)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used with permission. All rights reserved worldwide.