Read stories from listeners of TWR Women of Hope.
Feb26FriFebruary 26, 2021 By the TWR Canada Women's Ministry Team
- Filed Under:
- TWR Women of Hope Prayer Calendar
Caring for Your Soul
God wants to restore your soul, the very centre of who you are. That may be the most important lesson you’ll absorb as we contemplate our focus word for 2021 – restore – and its key Scripture, Psalm 23:1-3. God wants to draw you to himself and teach you how to live with him and with others so that your soul is continually fed and supported.
But how do you do this soul care in a practical way? In his blog post “19 Ways to Care for Your Soul During Stay-at-Home COVID-19,” Leadership Transformations President Steve Macchia shared timeless truths for use in any season.
1. Pray – now more than ever, we need to be in prayer entrusting our hearts, lives and concerns to God’s loving hands.
2. Walk – sheltering inside days on end will contribute to sadness, boredom, fear and obsession; take a daily walk.
3. Rest – pay attention to your body and get much-needed rest; perhaps a daily nap.
4. Play – get out puzzles or board and card games to engage with a loved one in a relaxed pursuit.
5. Write – write a note or a poem, start a journal or simply put words on paper describing the state of your soul.
6. Read – read the Bible, Christian materials, and perhaps a novel or self-help book, purposefully and restfully.
7. Create – contemplative creative play brings to life the other side of productivity: color, paint, mold clay, take photos.
8. Cook – pull out a fun, easy (or even more complex) recipe and enjoy a good meal or treat.
9. Call – texts, email and social media aren’t the only ways to stay in touch with friends and loved ones; pick up the phone and call.
To read the full list, please visit https://www.leadershiptransformations.org/.
* Edited and used with the permission of Leadership Transformations
In March, we are praying for women in leadership and ministry. Please pray …
- Father, we pray that women in leadership would find godly individuals who can support them and hold their personal and emotional struggles in confidence. Help these leaders to trust in you for the answers they need. (Prov. 3:5-6)
- Lord, give great wisdom and understanding of your Word to our Serbian TWR Women of Hope teams. May they patiently listen to, understand and encourage women, using your Word to bring healing and restoration. (Ps. 111:10)
- God, we pray that the TWR Women of Hope language coordinators in India will recognize that they possess the skills and competencies to serve as leaders. Give them the desire and strength to complete the tasks you have for them. (Col. 3:23)
- Father may each woman in Christian ministry make her daily time with you her priority. Guide her to embrace purity of mind and body, repentance, forgiveness, and thankfulness as her way of life. (Matt. 5:8)
- Father, grant wisdom to the Finnish prayer group leaders to recognize the differing needs of their members. Guide each one to the work you would have them do and to find that place of rest in you as they serve. (Jas. 1:5)
- Give wisdom to our South African team as they live and lead like Jesus, guiding women on their journey to intimately know you and fully submit to you. (Prov. 2:1-11)
- Father, thank you that women in Indonesia have opportunities to be leaders in government, churches and organizations. May they seek you, follow your guidance and be godly influences upon those they lead. (Matt. 5:14)
- Germany desires to have a higher proportion of female executives in large companies. We pray for capable Christian women to be among those selected for these upcoming positions. (Ps. 90:17)
- God, we pray that women in Uruguay would daily grow to be more like Jesus, using their skills and abilities to help women around them find their healing, wholeness and hope in Jesus. (2 Pet. 3:18)
- God, we pray for Canadian women to have confidence in how you have created them as unique individuals and to use their gifts to glorify you. (Jer. 17:7)
- As women assume leadership roles in Chinese churches, may they live exemplary lives of contentment and joy that influence others to follow Jesus. (1 Tim. 6:6)
- God, may Ukrainian Christian women who have been trained in the Bible and spiritual disciplines mentor young women and pass on this knowledge and experience. (2 Tim. 2:2)
- God, you have given women rich sensitivity and empathy. May women in ministry use these gifts well to comfort others who are in pain and lead them to you. (1 Sam. 23:16)
- Lord, may Romanian women involved in Christian media ministry influence others’ lives as they reflect the character of Christ with integrity and love. May they continually improve their communication skills to enhance this ministry. (Col. 4:6)
- Lord, we ask you to enable Christians in the Arabic world to live such exemplary lives that others might see how men and women should interact as leaders in society, in companies and in their own families. (Gal. 3:28)
- As only 4.5 per cent of Korean executives of major companies are women, we pray that Christian women would be given more opportunities for promotion. (Ps. 84:11)
- Lord, please protect, strengthen and guide Polish women who are Christian leaders as they balance their service roles with their responsibilities as wives, mothers, homemakers and professional workers. (Ps. 25:9)
- Father, we pray for greater employment opportunities for women in Nepal and for increased pay according to their skill and training. (Col. 4:5)
- God, give French women creativity in how to daily find time to connect with you regardless of the season of life they are in. Give grace and strength to single moms, those with young children and full-time workers as they minister to those around them. (Is. 40:29)
- We are thankful for the commitment and devotion of Finland’s TWR Women of Hope prayer group leaders! Give them strength and joy to complete their work. (Neh. 8:10b)
- Lord, as Christian women in the Ukraine and around the world lead their families spiritually where their husbands are not believers, we pray for their children and husbands to come to saving faith. (1 Pet. 3:1)
- Lord, we pray that female Christian leaders in Albania would reflect Jesus with their words and actions, finding balance and rest in you each day as they make their relationship with you the highest priority. (Matt. 6:31-34)
- Father raise up encouragers, intercessors and helpers to minister to the needs of those African women leading the way in your work. May these leaders be strong in you and guide others through their example and character. (Eph. 6:10)
- Lord, may Miia da Silva, our TWR Women of Hope regional coordinator for Europe and CAMENA (Central Asia, Middle East and North Africa), clearly hear your voice and daily receive godly wisdom and discernment to lead this ministry. (Ps. 25:5)
- Help the TWR Women of Hope team in Paraguay, Father, to focus on women who are vulnerable, teaching them about the blessing of serving others in love. (Gal. 5:13-14)
- Lord, we ask you to guide TWR Women of Hope leaders as they share the vision of the ministry. Bring unity of hearts and minds within each team. (1 Thess. 5:24)
- Lord, help the women in Romania have a healthy balance between their careers and family responsibilities. May they invest time in their children’s lives, influence them and lead them to Christ. (2 Tim. 3:14-16)
- We pray for Christian Chinese women who remain single because churches lack men and who constantly face pressure to get married. Pray that they would grow in their identity and security in Christ. (1 Pet. 2:9)
- We praise God that our Gujarati-speaking leaders in India are very strong in faith and in serving the Lord. Give them courage to proclaim your Word in their homes and communities. (1 Cor. 16:13)
- Lord, give women in every nation a hunger and thirst to study your Word and teach these truths to the next generation. (Deut. 11:18-20)
- Lord, may your Brazilian daughters whom you have placed in high leadership positions be filled with your Spirit and sensitive to your voice so that they may honor you and your calling. (Gal. 5:25)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used with permission. All rights reserved worldwide.