Read stories from listeners of TWR Women of Hope.
Feb14FriFebruary 14, 2020 by the TWR Canada Women's Ministry Team
- Filed Under:
- TWR Women of Hope Prayer Calendar
We Are Not Alone
Click here for a printer-friendly version.
God has designed us to be in relationship with others. New relationships regularly come into our lives through marriage, family, childbirth and friendship. Others are taken from us or fail to materialize (through miscarriages, infertility, divorce, widowhood or illness). As we walk through these seasons of life, God is very clear that he is Emmanuel (“God with us”) and that we are to support one another.
Sometimes our pain in these seasons is unknown to others. Although miscarriage happens in 10 to 20 per cent of pregnancies, its frequency does nothing to quiet the loneliness, confusion, shame, guilt and depression that are common to grieving parents.
Expressions of grief vary, and while you and your spouse may grieve differently, both of you need to take time to grieve. Communicate openly and honestly share your feelings without judgement. Together, find a way to acknowledge the significance of your baby’s life – a way to honour and remember this child.
You were not meant to walk this road alone. Call out to God and reach out to others. Join a church grief-support group or connect with an online bereavement-support community or pregnancy-loss ministry. God sees your pain and “is close to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit” (Ps. 34:18).
As the body of Christ, we need to come alongside those who grieve, validating their loss. Attend to both the mother and father, giving them permission to grieve well and express their honest emotions. Pray with them, showing both compassion and hope. Rally support around them, even as time passes.
Remember that God can comfort us through the example of Jesus’ suffering. He was denied, abandoned and then went to the cross alone to die. Jesus understands our pain and wilderness experiences. Our Saviour intercedes for us on high!
In March, we are praying for marriages, families and pregnancy. Please pray …
- Father, we pray for mothers and fathers who have suffered a miscarriage. May they walk through the grief process together finding your comfort, healing and hope. (Isa. 51:12)
- Lord, we pray for marriages in Denmark, where the divorce rate is 46.5 per cent and prior separation is not required before finalization.
- We pray for increased local employment opportunities in both Indonesia and Central Asia. Many husbands and wives go abroad for work, leaving the children alone or living with relatives and friends.
- You have told us, Lord, that pure and faultless religion includes looking after orphans and widows. May we make just laws to help them and, as the body of Christ, care for those in need. (James 1:27)
- We pray for single mothers who have escaped from North Korea. God, motivate South Korean Christians to meet the needs of these vulnerable mothers and children.
- We pray for the 300,000 Portuguese couples that struggle with infertility. Father, bring them hope and grant them the gift of life through natural birth, adoption or having an influential role in another child’s life.
- We pray for young people in Bulgaria to embrace the Lord’s biblical principles and morality rather than marrying for money or cohabitating. (Eph. 5:3)
- As we celebrate International Women’s Day, Lord, help women to walk in their unique gifting and calling as your daughters.
- Father, guide African churches to financially and socially support widows. May they speak out against harmful cultural rituals in which widows are pressured to participate. (Ps. 68:5)
- God, we pray for an end to families selling their daughters and an end to brides being obtained through trafficking rings. May Chinese bachelors find women who willingly consent to marriage.
- Lord, we pray for Romanian and Albanian men and women to establish their marriages and family life on biblical principles and to model vibrant Christian lives before their children.
- We pray for France, which has the lowest per capita number of marriages in Europe. May marriage and fidelity be valued, and may Christians live according to your Word.
- Lord, strengthen the will of Finnish spouses to invest in and be committed to their marriages. Help spouses flee selfish pleasure and embrace biblical love.
- Father, may believers support those experiencing miscarriages by acknowledging the significance of the parents’ loss, by praying with them and by being available so they may talk and share their feelings.
- We praise you, God, that for decades you have guided political actions and laws in Finland to be favourable toward motherhood.
- Lord, may the church in Nepal teach and model godly marriage relationships. May both forced and child marriage, which may lead to divorce and even suicide, be eliminated.
- We pray that Serbian men would embrace biblical manhood and tenderly love their wives. (Eph. 5:25)
- May Indian women find joy in their calling as mothers and embrace motherhood as a good plan from God.
- Lord, we pray for an end to the abuse that Japanese girls are experiencing, which keeps them from attending school and furthering their education.
- Father, we ask that your Word bring healing to the guilt and rejection imposed on women in Côte d'Ivoire who are childless. (Ps. 62:5)
- Father, we pray for Korean couples to seek your timing for marriage and bearing children, knowing that increased age and stress raises the possibility of infertility.
- We pray that German parents would set biblical priorities for their families and not set performance at school or high salaries as their goal in life.
- Lord, we ask that single mothers receive the financial, emotional and spiritual support they need for themselves and their children.
- Father, we pray that Vietnamese women would find their freedom and identity as your daughters and be released from Voodoo and its trappings.
- May Japanese mothers be strengthened while taking care of their children as their husbands work until late in the evening.
- Father, help abandoned mothers to heal from their anger and pain, allowing their children to bond with the fathers and benefit from this relationship.
- Lord, we pray that the African church would model and teach fidelity and parental responsibilities. Many boys in single-parent families have no father figure in their lives.
- Father, we pray for single-parent families to not spoil their children, parenting them instead with godly guidelines so they can stand on their own as adults.
- Lord, we pray that Tanzanian widows would be allowed to keep their resources and receive their inheritances and not be denied this by the families of the deceased. (Ps. 33:22)
- Lord, we pray that women in Croatia and Uruguay experiencing domestic violence would call out and that they and the abusers would receive help.
- Father, we pray that Dr. Peggy Banks would sit in your presence daily as she leads this ministry and receive the rest that you alone provide.
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used with permission. All rights reserved worldwide.