Read stories from listeners of TWR Women of Hope.
Mar5FriMarch 5, 2021 By The TWR Women of Hope Ministry Team
- Filed Under:
- TWR Women of Hope
God wants to restore your soul, the very centre of who you are. That may be the most important lesson you’ll absorb as we contemplate our focus word for 2021 – restore – and its key Scripture, Psalm 23:1-3. God wants to draw you to himself and teach you how to live with him and with others so that your soul is continually fed and supported.
But how do you do this soul care in a practical way? In his blog post “19 Ways to Care for Your Soul During Stay-at-Home COVID-19,” Leadership Transformations President Steve Macchia shared timeless truths for use in any season.
1. Pray – now more than ever, we need to be in prayer entrusting our hearts, lives and concerns to God’s loving hands.
2. Walk – sheltering inside days on end will contribute to sadness, boredom, fear and obsession; take a daily walk.
3. Rest – pay attention to your body and get much-needed rest; perhaps a daily nap.
4. Play – get out puzzles or board and card games to engage with a loved one in a relaxed pursuit.
5. Write – write a note or a poem, start a journal or simply put words on paper describing the state of your soul.
6. Read – read the Bible, Christian materials, and perhaps a novel or self-help book, purposefully and restfully.
7. Create – contemplative creative play brings to life the other side of productivity: color, paint, mold clay, take photos.
8. Cook – pull out a fun, easy (or even more complex) recipe and enjoy a good meal or treat.
9. Call – texts, email and social media aren’t the only ways to stay in touch with friends and loved ones; pick up the phone and call.
To read the full list, please visit https://www.leadershiptransformations.org/.
* Edited and used with the permission of Leadership Transformations