Women of Hope Blog
Read stories from listeners of TWR Women of Hope.
Oct25FriOctober 25, 2019 By the TWR Canada Team
Praising and Thanking Our Father
- Filed Under:
Click here for a printer-friendly version.
Great are the works of the LORD; they are pondered by all who delight in them. Glorious and majestic are his deeds, and his righteousness endures forever. He has caused his wonders to be remembered; the LORD is gracious and compassionate. Psalm 111:2-4
It is good to reflect on our lives – to take the time to remember – and then praise and thank our Father for what he has done. The psalmist in the verses above says God “causes us to remember his wonderful works.” And what is the psalmist’s response to remembering? He erupts in grateful praise, singing, “The LORD is gracious and compassionate!”
What do you want to praise God for? What memory brings joy and gratitude to your heart when you recall how God stepped in and provided for you? What healing, comfort, love and freedom has God given you?
But our praise is not limited to the blessings God sends our way. Life is often messy and hard as well. In what difficult place do you still find yourself even after prayer, realizing that God remains with you and is your source of hope and peace amid the continued struggle?
This month we are also praising God for what he is doing within our TWR Women of Hope community. Many local teams are taking the exciting step of writing and producing their own program scripts. Prayer groups are ministering to their neighbors, prisoners and those trapped in human trafficking. The seed of God’s Word is being planted and growing in the hearts of listeners!
And so, we join with the psalmist in shouting for joy to the Lord. We praise and thank him because he is our good Creator, who has taken us as his people and is loving us with an everlasting love! (Ps. 100)
Please pray for …
- For a Central Asian student who contacted the TWR Women of Hope team in Norway. She encouraged them to remain faithful, as their programming was her lifeline when she was the only Christian in her village.
- For the increasing number of Facebook listeners of Women of Hope programs in Romania. The team can reach people of different ages, educational levels and denominational backgrounds through this medium.
- And we choose to proclaim your name. We make known among the nations what you have done. We sing praises to you and tell people all over the world of your wonderful acts. (Ps. 105:1-2)
- That Women of Hope in Tanzania is broadcasting in the Kiswahili language on 10 local FM stations. Father, may many come to know you as Saviour and grow deeper in their relationship with you through these broadcasts.
- That the Women of Hope team will be performing in the Romanian Prisons Drama Festival in November. We ask that your spiritual truths be communicated clearly to the prisoners and that they would respond to you.
- That the Indonesian Women of Hope program is aired on 46 local stations and the Javanese program on 22 stations. This nearly covers Indonesia, providing unbelievers an opportunity to hear the Word of God.
- That the Run for Mission events in Finland have raised funds for TWR Women of Hope in India. The Finnish team is thankful for the freedom to openly talk about Jesus and their missionary work.
- For providing a new shelter for trafficked women in Albania. Also, the TWR Women of Hope team was able to share the gospel and Hidden Treasures programs with eight trafficked ladies who came to their summer camp.
- That the gospel is going forth in the Ukraine. We praise you for our sisters who are visiting nursing homes, hospitals and boarding schools and are teaching Christian ethics in schools. May your Word go forth in power!
- For you have exalted Jesus and given him the name that is above all. At the name of Jesus, every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to your glory. (Phil. 2:9-11)
- For the many women who have joined the Serbian prayer group since its start in March 2019. God is encouraging their hearts while they sympathize in prayer with women in difficult situations around the world.
- That more volunteers in Africa are engaging with TWR Women of Hope teams. At their meetings, women are connecting with one another as they share and pour out their hearts.
- For the way in which TWR Women of Hope prayer groups are ministering to and discipling prison inmates. Father, do a mighty work of cleansing and restoring true life to these women and men.
- For the men and women whom you are raising up to be TWR Women of Hope prayer warriors in France. Bring more believers to join them, Father, and make them faithful in seeking your face.
- That you are working in the villages of Malawi and opening doors for ministry. We praise you for a pastor who is meeting to pray with 200 women and is ministering to the widows.
- That you are the author of life. We are grateful that after five years of being denied, the Feast for Life and March finally took place on Sept. 14, 2019, in Zurich, Switzerland.
- That just as we received Christ Jesus as Lord, we continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith and overflowing with thankfulness. (Col. 2:6-7)
- That the Women of Hope program is broadcast in the Tamil language. The messages educate the women, give them practical skills and even bless the men who listen.
- That the promises in your Word are true and dependable. Lord, you see each person’s affliction. And when they call out to you, you intervene in your time and way.
- That Hidden Treasures is being produced in the Korean language. We pray that it can be used to minister to the North Korean women who are refugees in China.
- For the intercessors across Canada who lift up the TWR Women of Hope prayer requests each day. We also thank you for the faithful volunteers who prepare the mailings each month.
- That in Sweden new episodes of Hanna’s Café are being planned and that women in despair are being transformed into women with secure confidence and hope.
- For the listeners of Women of Hope in Portugal. They are contacting the TWR Women of Hope team to convey how much the program is blessing their lives.
- For we are chosen, holy and blameless before God. We are redeemed and forgiven by the grace of Christ. We have been sealed with the Holy Spirit. (Eph. 1:4-13)
- That TWR Women of Hope in Ethiopia will be celebrating 10 years of ministry in January 2020. Father, continue to guide and provide for the needs of this ministry.
- That we are to rejoice always, pray continually and give thanks in all circumstances; for this is your will for us in Christ Jesus. (1 Thess. 5:16-18)
- For sending the Northeast Asia team talented producers who are creating Women of Hope programs in the Vietnamese and Japanese languages.
- For many small groups and organizations that are ready to distribute the Hidden Treasures audio series in Germany’s red-light districts.
- For 60 years of partnership between TWR and ERF Germany, and for ERF’s cooperation with TWR Women of Hope almost since the latter’s beginning.
- For we do not need to be anxious about what we are to eat or drink or wear, for you are our heavenly Father, and you know that we need these essentials. (Matt. 6:31-32)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used with permission. All rights reserved worldwide.