Read stories from listeners of TWR Women of Hope.
Jul24FriJuly 24, 2020 by the TWR Canada Women's Ministry Team
- Filed Under:
- TWR Women of Hope Prayer Calendar
Our praise and worship of God draws us into greater intimacy with him. God calls us to quiet ourselves to seek him in a deeper way. He asks us to release our control and let him take the lead so we can discover what is real, stable and foundational.
In John Ortberg’s book God Is Closer Than You Think, he describes seven spiritual pathways to God. Each of us finds intimacy with God in a different way. In which pathway(s) do you see yourself?
Intellectual pathway: Do you hear God best when you read, engage in deep thought and conversation, sit under sound teaching or study Scripture?
Relational pathway: Do you sense God’s presence most when you are involved in significant relationships?
Serving pathway: Are you aware of God most when you help others?
Worship pathway: Do you experience the reality of God as you praise and adore our Lord?
Activist pathway: Do you have a passion to get involved in every good cause? Do you jump in and work with zeal to fix problems for God’s glory?
Contemplative pathway: Do you sense God most in the silence when all the distractions and noise of life are removed?
Creation pathway: Are you revitalized and energized by experiencing God’s creation?
No matter your preferred pathway, I encourage you to use it to commune with God. He has created each of us uniquely in his image and calls all of us daily to a path of intimacy with him.
In August, we are praising God. Please pray …
- We exalt you as Saviour! Christians have been emboldened to share their faith and hope of eternal life through Jesus Christ during this crisis, when people are contemplating life, death and eternity.
- Father, we praise you for your faithfulness and protection during the coronavirus crisis. While under lockdown, the TWR Women of Hope India team poured out their hearts before you daily from 11 a.m. to noon. (1 Sam. 1:10-11)
- God, you are our provider! Thank you for bringing a woman devotional writer to the Norwegian TWR Women of Hope team. They have recorded 80 devotionals, which are broadcast three days a week through Spotify, on their website and by text message.
- You are the God of all hope. In times of anxiety, we overcome our fear as we trust in you. You fill us with your joy and peace. (Rom. 15:13)
- We worship you as the God of all wisdom. Even in difficult circumstances, you draw us to yourself and call us to repentance for your way is always good.
- We praise you, Lord, as the one who brings unity among your children. Thank you for bringing Christian unity to the TWR Women of Hope prayer groups in Nepal and for enabling them to find their identity, value, rest and hope in you. (Ps. 62:5-8)
- We glorify you, Father, as the merciful one for allowing more time to stand in the gap on behalf of people who do not know you. May we use this opportunity to pray for those who never responded to your invitation and for those who need their relationship with you restored.
- In times of change and uncertainty, you stand as a God who is trustworthy and a promise keeper. Your promises are our firm foundation on which we build our lives as women of hope. (Num. 23:19)
- We join our Canadian team in declaring you as sovereign Lord. “For in him all things were created: in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together” (Col. 1:16-17).
- God, we praise you because you are good! You enabled institutions, ministries and neighbours to provide food for the needy, supplies to the unemployed and shelter to the homeless.
- You are the rock of our salvation! Thank you for using the Bonaire Women of Hope programs to draw people into relationship with you. When your Word is shared on their Facebook page, it lifts people up and draws them to you! (Ps. 95:1-3)
- We worship you as our Father who is present. We bring you our pain from earthly family relationships and stand firmly on your promise, when you said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you” (Hebrews 13:5b).
- Exalted are you, Lord, for providing sponsors for the Indonesian and Javanese Women of Hope programs since 1999 as well as local stations to air them. Millions of women have now heard the Word of God and been given health information.
- May you be celebrated, Lord, as our protector and refuge. “He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge, his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart” (Ps. 91:4).
- We join our Finnish team in praising you as the God who works all things together for good. In the crucifixion of Jesus, we see you revealing the mystery that hope can be found in the darkness and suffering of our lives. (Rom. 8:28)
- As women of hope, we declare, Father, that you are our worth. We embrace our identity in you, for we are your daughters, made in your image. (Gen. 1:27)
- We honour you as sovereign Lord, who used a global crisis in which all normal activity was paused to cause us all to contemplate life, death and spiritual issues. This allowed us to reflect on and evaluate the importance of our relationships with you and others.
- We praise You, God, that even when our team in Poland could not meet together as believers face to face, you united their hearts in online prayer and enabled them to record the women’s program You Are Precious. (Rom. 12:5)
- Lord, you are our peace. “Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way” (2 Thess. 3:16a).
- During this time when people are open to spiritual conversations, may we be faithful to share our testimony of how you have saved us, for you are our forgiving Father! (Eph. 4:32)
- We worship you, God, as the Creator who inspires us, your creatures, to serve the women of Ukraine through our Women of Hope programs.
- We praise you as the God of reconciliation. Thank you for leading our families through trials that increase our trust in you and also strengthen our relationships.
- Lord, we bless you as Saviour. Throughout the quarantine, the gospel continued to be broadcast to the people of France. May they see their need of you and turn from their wicked ways. (Jer. 26:3)
- You, oh Lord, are “gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love” (Ps. 145:8).
- You, oh Lord, are the faithful one! You have kept your promises to protect, guide and inspire our team members as they minister to women in Romanian prisons. (Ps. 117:2)
- We praise you, Lord, for you are in control of the entire world and all humanity. “You are great, and your name is mighty in power” (Jer. 10:6).
- For every person that recovered from COVID-19, Lord, we praise you as healer! Thank you for touching lives directly and for working through so many dedicated medical personnel. (Ps. 103:3)
- Jesus, you are our bread of life. We praise you for the TWR Women of Hope team in Central Europe who are spreading this truth to people seeking to amass wealth to satisfy their souls. (John 6:35)
- We receive you, Father, as our comforter. You have poured your grace, compassion and comfort on families all over the world who have lost loved ones in recent months. (Isa. 61:2-3)
- We join the Serbian team members, who, even in difficulty, praise you as our good God and the giver of peace and encouragement through your Word.
- We praise you as the one who has defeated death. You are the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in you will live forever, even though they die. (John 11:25)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used with permission. All rights reserved worldwide.