Read stories from listeners of TWR Women of Hope.
Mar26FriMarch 26, 2021 By The TWR Canada Women's Ministry Team
- Filed Under:
- TWR Women of Hope Prayer Calendar
Click here for a printer friendly version.
The Hope of Your Calling
By Philile Bhengu – Regional Coordinator for Southern and Eastern Africa
Human beings aren’t just accidents; there is a reason we are born. The Lord has a special task or assignment entrusted to each of us. Knowing what your calling is and how to fulfill it is highly motivational. I am reminded in the Scripture that certain servants were given talents to multiply and that even the man given only one talent was expected to invest wisely to gain the master’s approval.
I discovered my own calling when I realized that working with women is one of my passions. Women going through daily life need someone who will listen to their stories. As I work with them and listen to their stories, God’s purpose for my life is unpacked day by day. How wonderful it was to meet Dr. Peggy Banks, the global leader of the ministry with which I serve! There had been much devastation in my life, and the words she spoke encouraged me. Even today, I haven’t forgotten her words: “Don’t give up, fix your eyes on Jesus, help one another and be faithful to your call.”
I asked myself, “Does she know what I went through?” As Peggy was sharing her own testimony, I said to myself, “I went through nothing. I must keep going.” We went through challenging times so that we now know our Lord better, and those times have enabled us to draw closer to him. After all, we can encourage others who are facing the same situations.
The Lord granted me grace to come up with a song on our 2020 theme, which focused on the concept of “rest” as addressed in Matthew 11:28-30. As I sing it, I am filled with hope and am willing to minister to other women who feel so weary and heavy laden. Indeed, there is hope in Jesus. Despite the valley of the shadow of death that the entire world is going through, our Lord is still mighty to save.
Proverbs 30:30 says, “A lion, mighty among beasts, … retreats before nothing” (NIV). Let us learn from this Scripture to trust more in the Lord and serve him wholeheartedly. He is able; nothing is too hard for him.
In April, we are praying for women’s health and wellness. Please pray …
- May Danish women realize that taking care of their bodies and minds through proper nourishment and rest is part of being a faithful steward of your gifts, Lord. (Rom. 12:1)
- Father, we know that girls who experience early marriage in Burundi face many difficulties in their health and well-being. May the truth of these harms reach the hearts of cultural leaders so that this unhealthy practice is stopped. (Prov. 21:1)
- In addition to information for their physical and spiritual lives, many women from remote areas of Nepal find their only Christian fellowship through the Women of Hope programs. Strengthen them to stand strong through your Word. (Phil. 4:1)
- Lord, help Albanian Christian women to keep their eyes focused on you so that crippling fear from the pandemic would be removed from their minds and hearts. Give them courage to share their faith with those who do not know the hope of God. (Isa. 41:10)
- Father, because many Korean women and girls of ordinary body type think they are fat, they diet excessively, adversely affecting their bodies and minds. Help them to see themselves as you do and to pursue inner beauty. (1 Peter 3:3-4)
- We ask you, Lord, to give our Polish team health, peace, trust, patience and supernatural strength to minister to women during this pandemic. (Ps. 29:11)
- God, may the women in Romania be as interested in their spiritual health as they are in their physical health. May their lives be in step with you and find rest in you. (Matt.11:28-30)
- Father, we pray healing and blessing on TWR Women of Hope leaders in Liberia and elsewhere who generously give of themselves to minister to women around them in the name of Jesus. (Luke 6:38)
- As Finnish women guide their children, pursue careers, face challenges in marriage and care for aging parents, enable them to detach from these constant duties and find peace and rest in you daily. (Phil. 4:6-7)
- God, you are our Great Physician. We ask that you bring mental and emotional healing to those who have suffered the loss of relatives through war and conflict. (Ps. 147:2)
- Father, forgive us for neglecting the health of our bodies and souls. You have called us to rest in you and to come to you to be restored. This day, we choose you and your ways, a choice that leads to life in abundance. (John 10:10b)
- As stress, fear, suicide and domestic violence continue during this pandemic, we pray that the women of Serbia would come to know you, the one who can bring spiritual health, joy, peace and hope to their hearts. (Jer. 29:11)
- Lord Jesus, speak into the hearts of people in Germany a desire to generously share what they have with needy people. May they give and act – inspired by the TWR Women of Hope prayer calendar. (1 John 3:16-18)
- Lord, restore our sisters in Jharkhand, India, many of whom suffer lack of love, fellowship and respect as well as poverty, illness and violence from alcoholic family members. (Ps. 32:7)
- As people are educated on the harms of female genital mutilation, may your Spirit move to bring about changes in cultural and social norms needed to eliminate this destructive practice. (Col. 2:8)
- Father, help Ukrainian women to see the wisdom of taking care of their health and to consult doctors in a timely manner when they experience symptoms of disease. (1 Cor. 6:19-20)
- Father, you have called us as believers to live in community. We pray that Canadian Christian women would come together to pray deeply, think deeply, meditate on your Word and encourage one another to find their identity in Christ. (Heb. 10:24-25)
- Lord, bless the medical workers in Romania who are involved in women’s health. Help them to be sensitive to the needs of the women they serve and offer high-quality medical services. (Jer. 30:17)
- Thank you, Father, that as we bring our lives in alignment with yours, you guide us and bring peace and healing to our souls. (Rom. 12:2)
- We turn to you, Jesus, our healer, to touch the bodies of the many women in Indonesia who suffer with cancer. Move in the hearts of leaders to provide an increase in free cancer screenings, especially for the poor. (Ps. 30:2)
- Lord, may our TWR Women of Hope prison ministry team in Paraguay have a positive influence on women in confinement, teaching them that even behind bars there is great freedom in Christ. (John 8:36)
- Lord, help us to stand strong with you as our firm foundation so that we can withstand the continuous change and challenges in our daily lives. (1 Cor. 15:58)
- Lord, we pray for caregivers in Uruguay to protect their own health so they will have strength to care for their patients and families. (1 Cor. 9:27)
- Thank you, Father, that Healing Voice is bringing awareness, education and information to women who suffer from fistula in Ethiopia. We pray for the 2 million young women who globally live with this condition. (Jer. 17:14)
- Father, may we not do activities for you and yet neglect our relationship with you. Help us to rest in you knowing that all you want us to be and do you will work in us to accomplish. (Isa. 46:9-11)
- Lord, give us creative ideas on how to use social media and other means to spread the requests of the TWR Women of Hope prayer calendar so more will join in praying for the physical and spiritual health of women worldwide. (Eph. 2:10)
- Because many Korean women neglect their own well-being by taking care of their family's health first, show them that the care of their bodies is obedience to you, Lord. May they respond by practicing healthy eating and lifestyle habits. (2 Tim. 1:7)
- We give praise for the many Telugu prayer partners in India who have recovered from COVID-19. Father, bring complete healing to those who continue to suffer physically or are experiencing fear and doubts about their health. (3 John 1:2)
- God, would you bring health and strength to our faithful TWR Women of Hope Liberian prayer leaders and their spouses who are aging. (Isa. 40:31)
- God, guide us to find real solutions to the difficult problem of food insecurity faced by 493 million women and girls worldwide, many of whom live in nations facing conflict and famine. (Jas. 2:15-17)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used with permission. All rights reserved worldwide.