Pray With Us
Aug1WedAugust 1, 2018
Aug 4 - Aug 11, 2018
Greg began working with TWR in 1995 on the island of Bonaire as a Studio Operator and Technician. He has also worked in Slovakia (with broadcasts to Russia), as well as Swaziland and South Africa. In 2014, the family returned to Swaziland, where Greg is the office manager and IT administrator. Ingrid is also working with TWR Swaziland as the finance manager. Greg and Ingrid have two children, Rebekah and Caleb.
- Pray for ongoing technical projects that Greg is working on, along with his responsibilities within the office and with IT.
- Please pray for the TWR Swaziland team. Pray for unity and effective teamwork.
- Pray that the ministry of TWR Swaziland would impact lives and bring many to the hope of Christ.
- Pray for Greg as he has begun a Bachelor of Management degree.
- Pray for the children in their schooling and friendships. Pray that they would continue to grow in their knowledge of God.
Aug 12 - Aug 18, 2018
Jeremy began serving with TWR in 1998. He spent four years on Bonaire, followed by seven years in Vienna, Austria, before returning to Canada in 2010.
Jeremy works on IT within our head office, keeping computers and technology running efficiently, as well as working on other projects such as media devices. Heidi is busy at home with the children (Tristan, Madelyn, Nathaniel, Luke and Matthew).
- Pray for the recording of children’s Bible stories in Arabic and Spanish. Pray for Jeremy as he works with the presenters, editing and assembling for an effective final recording.
- Pray for the work load that Jeremy carries, that he would balance it well.
- Praise the Lord that Jeremy and Heidi are expecting another baby later this month. Pray for a safe and healthy delivery.
- Pray for Heidi as she cares for the children as well as completes other duties at home; pray for balance in her daily life.
Aug 19 - Aug 25, 2018
Many countries in West Africa are known to be spiritually dark due to influences like voodoo, Islam, and oppressive cultural practices. TWR ministers throughout West Africa, bringing the light of Christ to this area. Programs are produced in various languages and are focuses a wide variety of themes: evangelism, discipleship, leadership as well as programming specific for women and children. Our West African transmitter, has the potential to reach about 190 million people!
One listener writes, “I got sick and in my sick bed, I started listening to your programs and I understood that Jesus can heal ... then I asked a pastor to come and pray for me, ordering him not to say anything to my wife or my community. After the prayer, I was healed. Today, I know the God of Christians is real.”
Another writes, “One day, I listened to your program and understood the gospel and the importance of confessing the Lord Jesus as my personal Lord and Saviour. Then I did just that. Thank you so much for this program through which God has saved me.”
- Pray for new program called The Prophets to reach out to the Senufo people, who live in Ivory Coast, Mali and Burkina Faso. Airing of this program began a few months ago; pray that God would use this program to bring many to himself.
- Pray for multiple projects that TWR Canada is involved in to reach people deeper with the Word in West Africa. Pray that many would grow in their faith in Christ as a result.
- Pray for more skilled personnel to cover needs at our station in West Africa. Pray also for safety for current staff who travel extensively.
- Pray for efforts to use the land at the TWR transmitter site to increase the station’s self-sufficiency as well as to support the local community. Some initiatives include planting and harvesting teak and cashew trees, which raises funds as well as provides employment for the local people. In addition, a pond was created on-site. Local TWR staff as well as pastors from the community benefit from this.
Aug 26 - Sept 1, 2018
In TWR Women of Hope’s ministry, we are confronted with the painful and traumatic circumstances that many women face daily. We see how women are marginalized and how culture and religion dictates that they are second-class citizens. We see how living in political unrest and economic instability creates chaos and pain and how illiteracy, forced marriages, polygamy, domestic violence and lack of health care causes an unending cycle of poverty.
It’s these women that we are ministering to. In the Psalms we read that, “The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit” (psalm 34:18 ESV), and “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds” (Psalm 147:3 ESV). And in Isaiah 61:1, “The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound” (ESV).
The message is clear: Christ has come in great compassion and love to minister healing and hope to those who are bruised and broken. What a wonderful message to proclaim to women who desperately need a Saviour! TWR Women of Hope is helping women discover all that Christ offers them.
As they meet in prayer gatherings, lifting up the burdens of women worldwide and sharing their own burdens, they discover peace. As they sit quietly and listen to the Word of God proclaimed over the radio or media player, they discover truth. As they receive practical help through the skills training, they receive independence. As those in prison are visited and encouraged, they are comforted and accepted. And as each woman meets Jesus, she comes face to face with the unconditional love of Christ.
- Please pray that God will continue to use the ministry to show women that they are loved and made in his image.
- Pray that the Lord will continue to supply our financial needs, allowing us to meet existing commitments.
- Pray for more individual intercessors and prayer groups who will stand in the gap for those who need Jesus’ hope and healing.
- Pray for the global ministry team as they lead the ministry.