Caribbean and Northern Latin AmericaBeginning the week of March 23, the team in the Caribbean and northern Latin America began airing a few special programs live at 10:45 ET. The idea is to pray for the listeners, their needs and encourage them with the Word of God.
Please pray for the distribution of the programs. The governments in different countries are establishing a quarantine and most of our partners are working from home or going to their offices just for a few hours. The challenge is that some of them don’t have good internet at home. Please pray that production and distribution will continue throughout this time.
- Pray for Alberto as he answers calls from listeners. Pray for the words to encourage them and point them to Christ in this difficult time. Also pray for Alberto as he works on writing new program scripts.
- After four months of tight restrictions in Cuba, the country has been able to control the COVID-19 pandemic. As of mid-July, only two of 14 provinces had active cases. Praise the Lord! Please continue to pray for continued improvement nation wide.
- Pray for Cuba as they begin to re-start their economy. They have had significant challenges including scarcity of essential items, such as food.
- Praise the Lord that the Cuba ministry office has had access to the internet since April. Though the connection can be slow at times, it's opened up for new opportunities to connect with listeners including a more active presence on social media channels such as Facebook.
Pray for continued energy and wisdom Alberto and the team in Cuba. Throughout this time of quarantine, they have received and responded to 99 emails and too many phone calls to count from people asking for prayer, spiritual help and hope.
- Pray for the team in Cuba and they wait to record more programs until the entire country is in stage two.
- Please pray for Chile as the economic and social conditions have worsened while the pandemic spreads. A state of emergency has been extended for an additional 90 days making daily life even more difficult. Pray for RTM Chile and all Christians to stand strong in Christ as a witness to love and peace through turmoil.
- Pray for the needs of the people - as people live hand-to-mouth, staying at home or social distancing in crowded cities is almost impossible.
- People are terrified, some even attacked the first person who tested positive for the virus with machetes. Pray for the people to hear about the hope and peace that is found in Jesus Christ.
- Pray for the people to learn of the ultimate physician, Jesus. Many people visit witch doctors or wait until they are really sick before seeking medical help.
- In Suriname, we have a partner, Pamela, who serves with World Team. She has distributed media players in Suriname three times now.
- Please pray for Pamela and those she works with to stay healthy and safe.
- Pray for our team on the ground. They travelled from their home to the office to do a full day of recording as they do not have the internet at home and gasoline is very scarce in the country to going back and forth to the office is not an option. Please pray that the recorded messages would be an encouragement.
- Continue to cover the people of Brazil in prayer as the virus is claiming many. Pray for God’s protection over the RTM team’s health.
- As of today, there are no cases of COVID-19 on the island. Please pray for the continued protection of the Island.
- Pray for the programs that are being aired from Bonaire. Pray for transformation of lives as a result of of the message going out from Bonaire.
You can learn more about our ministry in Latin America and the Caribbean here.