HERE ARE THE MOST UP TO DATE REPORTS WE'VE RECEIVED FROM OUR PARTNERS ALL OVER THE WORLD!
- Praise God that the Women of Hope programs in Bambara are being prepared and broadcast as per usual.
- Pray for the needs of the people - as people live hand-to-mouth, staying at home or social distancing in crowded cities is almost impossible.
- People are terrified, some even attacked the first person who tested positive for the virus with machetes. Pray for the people to hear about the hope and peace that is found in Jesus Christ.
- Pray for the people to learn of the ultimate physician, Jesus. Many people visit witch doctors or wait until they are really sick before seeking medical help.
- Praise God for His perfect timing! The Discipleship Essentials Arabic radio program started to air on March 29, as more people are turning to radio during this pandemic. We had hoped to start airing the DE Arabic radio program months ago but were delayed. Please pray for the effectiveness of this radio program and for increased contact with the listeners.
- The Way of Righteousness, which has been the most successful program TWR has in terms of reaching Muslims with the gospel, is airing immediately after the airing of the Discipleship Essentials Arabic radio program. Pray that people are encouraged to listen to this program and that it draws them to Jesus.
- Praise God for the 6000 families that are being reached in one country. The team has been able to share Discipleship Essentials online and send a love gift of food to these families, which includes ads for DE with the website and contact information.
- Pray for the 2400 pastors that will be trained and equipped to use online methods for discipleship groups. The goal is to see 400 churches utilizing Discipleship Essentials through Zoom and other software.
- Praise God for the two ministry resources, Bible Stories Alive and Discipleship Essentials, that are ready to be launched in China.
- Praise God that the pastors in China are still able to take care of their congregations through small groups and the internet.
- Pray for the Church in China. Both house churches and the foreigner churches believe that it will be a while before they can meet together. They feel the government will use this as a way to control church gatherings moving forward.
- Praise God for technology that can be used to carry on with staff meetings and training. Pray for wisdom for the staff on how to support enrolled students, as well as provide continuous training to their graduates.
- Praise God that this time of lockdown has allowed students to have more time to study which has resulted in better exam grades!
Please pray for our partners and the refugee ministry as they implement the following in response to COVID-19:
- Our partners have added two sections to the Love Europe app: Quarantine tips and Health. They have added useful links to all the federal ministries of health in the countries the app is available. Some other informational sites dedicated to refugees are also listed, so they can read it in Arabic or Farsi.
- In the media section, videos explaining Corona in Arabic, Farsi and English from acknowledged institutes and sources were added.
- In Quarantine tips, videos with tips to survive quarantine and be productive were added.
- The in-app additions were promoted on Facebook, as well as sharing other websites with information about COVID-19.
- Radio Encuentro is publishing helpful social media posts about the coronavirus and the need for biblical truth in this time. Esperanza Suarez, one of the announcers, is producing a short daily program about personal reflections at quarantine time. Pray that the truth of God's Word would open hearts and minds to Jesus Christ.
- Another episode of Esto Es Real Talk! that is relevant to coronavirus (“Why is there suffering?”) has been released on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Spotify, SoundCloud, iVoox and iTunes. It will be promoted partly as a helpful program in light of the coronavirus. Pray that this program brings comfort and hope to its audience.
- José Pablo (President of Canal de Vida / Radio Encuentro) is now back home from the hospital and is mostly recovered. His wife has a milder case and is also at home. Several of his family members have coronavirus, and we are keeping them in our prayers. There are others who are connected to Radio Encuentro have been affected in varying degrees by the coronavirus. Please pray for those who have COVID-19.
- Radio Encuentro is promoting a program produced by RTM Uruguay with a psychologist about self-care during the pandemic. It’s available on digital platforms like their website.
- Pray for some of the staff in France who have mild cases of COVID-19.
- Radio Colombe has talked about the coronavirus on air and there are some hope-offering programs about it on the website as well. Pray that people would tune in to these programs and cling to the hope of the Lord.
- Since the lockdown, radio listenership, in general, has increased in France. This makes the work of PHARE-FM in sharing the hope of the gospel that much more important during these uncertain times! Since the lockdown began, the station has received a dozen requests for free Bibles; this may not seem like a lot, but just to give you an idea, in 2019 there were just 30 requests for the entire year! Pray for people in France to continually be drawn to Christ.
- Pray for Vincent Collet as he works on translation. One advantage of the lockdown is that it gives Vincent somewhat more flexibility in his schedule. It has therefore permitted him to devote more of his time to the translation project. In the last few weeks, he has made good progress in the translation of The Good News We Almost Forgot by Kevin DeYoung.
- Pray for the Collets, whose planned move to Lyon will take place in August, Lord willing. Pray that the move will go forward as planned and that the transition to a new school for the girls will go smoothly.
- YouVersion (a Bible app with over 300 million views) has agreed to upload the Italian Thru The Bible programs for six books of the Bible (John, Philippians, Ephesians, 1 Peter, Psalms and Romans), with a particular emphasis on reaching Italians who are struggling in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic. Thru the Bible has agreed to continue the full-length TTB broadcasts on all current Italian FM stations in light of the coronavirus needs. Previously, the plan was to halt these broadcasts in early April ahead of the new 5-minute TTB ministry. The final confirmation is pending conversations between CRC and the stations. Please join us in praying for the broadcast of these programs.
- Our partner is publishing helpful social media posts about the coronavirus and the need for biblical truth in this time. It is difficult for CRC to produce content since the area of Lombardy where CRC is located is on lockdown. They are doing the best job that they can and see this as a great opportunity to reach the Italian people. Pray that the team is able to continue production despite the circumstances.
The team in Serbia has distributed 500 face masks to listeners who approached them.
- Three new programs were created to share encouragement and different perspectives on the present situation. This was done through interviews with Christians from various walks of life, such as religious leaders (priests, bishops), business leaders and government workers. Pray that these programs are an encouragement in this time of need.
- In Poland, our partner has opened up a hotline for people to call in and receive counselling. Pray for wisdom for those answering these calls. Pray that they can share the hope of Christ with these callers.
- Praise the Lord that the churches joined together and the church leaders are encouraging the believers in a united way.
- In Romania, they created several new programs that deal specifically with the crisis and offer hope and encouragement to the listeners. Pray that the listeners will be touched by this programming and their hearts would be open to God.
Pray for the rural churches in Kenya. They can no longer meet together and, unlike urban churches, they do not have access to social media to reach their congregations. TWR Kenya offered airtime for pastors to send in recorded messages for their churches, but most pastors are technologically unable to record and send in a message to air. Praise God that two pastors were able to use the radio to share messages of hope! The response to these messages has been overwhelming.
Pray for students who live in rural areas. The only option for these students to continue to learn is through radio. The government has been broadcasting all of the school subjects through the national radio; however, this broadcast was not able to reach into all areas. Join us in thanking God that the TWR Kenya station can reach these students through their broadcasts! They have partnered with the government to air the school programming for a couple of hours each day on the TWR station!
Pray for certain parts of the country, like Turkana, where it is hot and dry and water is limited. The people who live in these places face a hard decision: should they drink the little available water or “waste” it in washing their hands.
Pray for the truth to overcome the lies from Satan. People are receiving lies from the devil about cures for COVID-19. TWR Kenya, pastors and other experts are doing their best to refute these lies and encourage people to follow hygiene instructions from the government.
Pray for the programs going out during this time. There is so much news about the virus on media, that it is instilling fear in people. Pray that TWR Kenya can offer hope in Jesus Christ through their broadcasts.
- Praise God for the opportunity to reach more children with the Bible Stories Alive programming. TWR Kenya plays the program immediately after some educational programs run by the government.
- TWR Kenya is hoping to be able to distribute some radios with the availability of funds. Please pray with us that they are able to distribute these radios.
- Pray for Hekima FM to maintain the internet stability that they need in order to keep up with their internet streaming demands.
- With heavy rains in three counties, the residents are happy that impassable roads have become a blessing in disguise. They see it as a natural way of restricting movement during this pandemic time. Praise God for his blessings.
- Praise God for the unity that has increased among the pastors in the SIFA LAMU area. When churches closed due to the pandemic, they came together to seek help from the radio station and, with this, realized the power of radio.
- Pray for wisdom and strength for the station managers. Many of them are working longer hours to cover the absence of other staff and to keep continuity with the programming.
- Praise God that Sifa FM Marsabit has programming that has brought Christians from all denominations together to worship through the radio. The station has received overwhelming testimonies pointing to the positive impact they are having on the society, now more than ever.
- Sifa FM Voi has had to stop airing a popular show where pastors discuss marital issues. Due to various stressors during this pandemic, domestic violence is on the rise. At a time when the program is needed most, it is not airing. Please join us in praying for these couples and families at this time.
Pray for the online church services and worship being produced during this time. There were more than 1000 people who viewed this service. Pray the viewers would come to know the Lord as their Saviour.
Pray for the Easter programs for children that will be put online.
- Pray that more people will be made aware of the online resources that are offered through our partner in Denmark.
TWR Netherlands has a number of special activities with respect to the current COVID-19 situation:
- They broadcast a `minute of hope’ eight times a day.
- They changed their Sunday programming since people cannot go to church. They repeat parts of Thru The Bible that are encouraging for listeners.
- They sent a message to all of their donors who are entrepreneurs to let them know they were praying for them.
Praise God for the staff in Switzerland who continue to create encouraging programming through this difficult time. Pray for the team as they navigate how to continue the radio program with only a few staff. Archived programs have also been made available to the public to encourage them. They have already seen an increase in the online use of their material and programming!
- Praise God for the opportunities to be a witness for Christ during this time of isolation. God is at work!
- Pray for the PureWave live programs that are being broadcast in response to COVID-19. We thank the Lord for the audience interaction that has come from this programming.
- Pray that the new 2-3 minute videos "Antiseptic for the Soul" point people to Christ.
- Praise God that the office in Belarus is functioning well amidst the country's lockdown.
- In spite of the crisis, broadcasts and production are able to continue. Our partners realized that this is a unique time and they are looking for ways to respond proactively. Praise God for these partners!
Pray for the seven-minute video that was produced with COVID-19 in mind and is being distributed on Social Media channels and the radio.
- Pray for the program, Spirit-Filled Life as it is produced and distributed this week (first week of April).
- Pray for the opportunity to record Uzbek programs. In the meantime, pray for the pre-recorded content to speak hope to those who listen.
- Pray for people in Iran as they are one of the countries with the largest impact of COVID-19.
- Pray for the 30-minute COVID-19 program that the TWR Farsi team has created. This program also addresses fear from a biblical perspective.
- Pray for the newsletters and programs that are being created by the staff.
- Pray also for the special live-broadcast program that they intend to make available on TV, radio and Social Media channels.
North Africa and France:
- Pray for the teams in these regions as they continue to produce programs to engage the audience.
- Pray for their safety and protection from the virus
- Pray for the team as they produce Thru the Bible and Women of Hope programs.
- Pray for our team on the ground. They travelled from their home to the office to do a full day of recording as they do not have internet at home and gasoline is very scarce in the country to going back and forth to the office is not an option. Please pray that the recorded messages would be an encouragement.
- As of today, there are no cases of COVID-19 on the island. Please pray for the continued protection of the Island.
- Pray for the programs that are being aired from Bonaire. Pray for transformation of lives as a result of of the message going out from Bonaire.
Our ministry partner CEF Armenia shared the following
- CEF stopped all direct ministries to the local children and teenagers. They have also asked all staff to stay home until further notice.
- Praise the Lord for the peace he's given him of knowing he's in control.
- Pray for wisdom for the team as they began to plan their online ministries.
- Please pray for the audio recording in the CEF studio. They are working on 170, 3-minute lessons and are planning to have Video Bible lessons for children.